ADVERTISEMENT

Now Cat 4 Michael

because as mentioned already the storm has shifted east about 40-45 miles...Mexico Beach and Port St Joe are about to get whacked and probably in next 30 minutes or so eye is coming ashore
You can see the radar now and it’s baaaaarely east of PCB.

What are you guys seeing that says 40-45 miles east?

They are at a hotel on the west side of PCB...Hampton Inn & Suites (15505 Front Beach Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32413).

It's tough to say just how far that is from the eye (I tried Google Maps but there is a road closed so it routes you around that). From what I can tell it is about 20-30 miles maybe. This can definitely be the reason they look fine with the eyewall coming onshore near Mexico Beach.

Reactions: LesClaypool
They just streamed Brett's feed on TWC for a sec and realized his truck was floating away with no one inside and cut it off pretty quick. That was some of the sketchiest live footage ive ever seen. Dudes dad was calling him and telling gim he loved him. Drove purposely over a bridge into the wall and then had to cozy up next to a concrete wall off of the road cause the storm surge washed it over. They talked a bit about them being in real trouble and you can hear them open the doors and try to climb into a house.

That Brett Adair guy is straight up crazy to be out and about where he is. He may not make it out of there.

It jogged back north at the last minute so yes, more directly between PCB and Mexico Beach than Mexico Beach and between Port St Joe

Still going to be rough but PCB dodged a bullet. This wouldve been even worse if it had made landfall between Walton and Bay.

Here is the replay of the feed i was watching. Ive watched this guy before and he is (or hopefully not was) highly entertaining. Some funny, humorous parts with him and his friend being total crazy good ol boys, starts getting nerve wracking half way through when they make the decision to go to the eyewall. Gut wrenching at the end when they make the call to abandon the vehicle and climb up into a house. Hope they make it.

[/QUOTE]

Here is the replay of the feed i was watching. Ive watched this guy before and he is (or hopefully not was) highly entertaining. Some funny, humorous parts with him and his friend being total crazy good ol boys, starts getting nerve wracking half way through when they make the decision to go to the eyewall. Gut wrenching at the end when they make the call to abandon the vehicle and climb up into a house. Hope they make it.

[/QUOTE]
Holy crap! :eek: Hope they are ok.

The stuff flying around at the 29 minute mark is crazy!

Reactions: RTM58
So the craziest part of the video is with 11 minutes left in the video, there is no water where they park. It only took 11 minutes for the storm surge to consume them. THAT IS FREAKING NUTS!!!!

So the craziest part of the video is with 11 minutes left in the video, there is no water where they park. It only took 11 minutes for the storm surge to consume them. THAT IS FREAKING NUTS!!!!
13 min mark is when they decided to head to mexico. 25 is when they realize they done fudged up.

From about 26 minutes in that gets about as scary as I could imagine a hurricane being...certainly hope they are ok

I could be wrong, but it appears to me that the track is staying a little farther west, which can only be a positive for Tallahassee.

Got a text from Tally brother at 1:43 EST about PC brother... He lost juice an hour ago. Limb on roof. Hole in his roof. Roof leaking into bathtub. Power line down in front of neighbor’s house. Cat crapped and pissed on couch.…

A few minutes later Tally brother lost juice off of Miccosoukee Road.

Question. No mention of storm surge as of yet. Is that in the wrap around stage later? I thought New Bern NC had mucho water in the streets from Florence well before landfall which occurred further south...

Anybody know of a cheap place near St Andrew’s where a man and his dawg could vacay this weekend?

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT