ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

@Rishi & @NoleLizards - what are you guys predicting for this weekend?

Hoping for a win, but expecting a draw. I'd put the odds something like this for Chelsea -> win 33%, draw 50%, loss 17%.

I do think Chelsea will start the game better than a lot of the games we've had recently as it's the 1st time in (seemingly) months that Chelsea hasn't had a mid-week game.

I'm hoping Chelsea lines up like this:

Kepa
Dave Rudi Luiz Alonso
Kante Jorginho Barkley
Pedro Hazard CHO

But think it'll be Kovacic and Willian ahead of Barkey and CHO.

Let's hope for a fun game -> week 2 was not a fun game to me, that was Tennis.

Reactions: NoleLizards
I don't like Hazard as a "false nine". He needs to be able to use his creativity to facilitate and not play with his back to the goal.

Hate to say this, but Sarri needs to get Eden's best while he's still around. :( If the Blues are having trouble putting the ball in the back of the net now, how difficult will it be if/when he's gone to Madrid?

Nice performance by Arsenal today. I don't understand how they can play that well against Chelsea after having played so poorly against West Ham. As a side note, Chelsea are wasting Hazard.

Nice performance by Arsenal today. I don't understand how they can play that well against Chelsea after having played so poorly against West Ham. As a side note, Chelsea are wasting Hazard.
Chelsea tends to bring out the best in the Gunners...And I agree with you 1000% about Hazard.

Reactions: Manch.
Looks like I was way off about Chelsea starting the game strong. The match was over after about 3 mins to me. Even though Chelsea started to play well after about 8 - 10 mins, Arsenal already had the confidence they needed so when they got the 1st goal it was going to be a big hill to climb for Chelsea and we didn't have it today.

As an aside, we essentially have given up nothing on set pieces this campaign, but we give up 2 secondary attacks off of set pieces today. Blah.

2nd aside, I think the (loan) signing of Higuain, when it officially becomes official is the unofficial end of Callum Hudson-Odoi at Chelsea. I just hope we are able to get a buy back clause included wherever he ends up (I for some reason don't think it'll be Bayern).

Sven leaving is disastrous.

It’s a clear sign of the dysfunction that now exists behind the scenes, under Kroenke.

F Stan!

So, does Cardiff pay Nantes the £18 million? What a tragic situation, Sala was only 28. I assume all hopes of a safe recovery is out of the question now.

Reactions: LesClaypool
So, I decided to tune in for a few minutes to see how the USMNT was doing against Panama. After about 20-30 seconds I noticed Michael Bradley was on the field and all I could think of was WHY?

When is his he going to be done at the USMNT level?

Isn't it beyond past time to move on from him and get started on the next generation?

Reports here in Atlanta that Atlanta United has sold Miguel Almiron to the Barcodes. This will only enhance the Five Stripes' reputation as a great destination point to move on to bigger and better things. And it solves the DP problem they faces when they signed Pity. It will be interesting to see what the final transfer fee is.

The reported transfer fee was £20 million.

I'm not saying Newcastle is a bad destination, especially with Rafa Benitez there as the manager. However, I'm not so sure it is that much of a step up from the Five Stripes. Obviously the league is vastly better, but is the team really that much better?

As for the DP issue, I don't think there really was one. I think they already knew Almiron was gone, so getting Pity was never going to be an issue.

I just wish Arsenal could spend £20 million (or even 1 million) instead of only bringing in guys on loan this month.

I hope Miggy does well there and eventually gets another transfer to a team with a clue, but I'm happy for him and wish him the best.
Meanwhile, Bournemouth is waxing Chelsea 3-0 as they enter extra time. Whut?

So, I decided to tune in for a few minutes to see how the USMNT was doing against Panama. After about 20-30 seconds I noticed Michael Bradley was on the field and all I could think of was WHY?

When is his he going to be done at the USMNT level?

Isn't it beyond past time to move on from him and get started on the next generation?

The USMNT played significantly better today against an A-squad Costa Rican team.

There was basically one difference between this game and the game vs Panama the other day....

51703093_10156510534143171_1856431847702003712_n.jpg

Sounds like Sarri will continue to be employed and maybe into next year if Chelsea finish top 4 and/or win the Europa League.

In reality, I'd sack Sarri if we don't win 2 of next 3 matches (Malmo in 2nd leg of Europa on Thursday; Man City in League Cup final on Sunday; Spurs on Wed. in EPL). So basically I'm saying 1 of the latter 2 is a must win for me (b/c if Chelsea can't beat Malmo at the Bridge we got much bigger problems than Sarri).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT