ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

So, can we stick a fork in Liverpool’s champions league hopes?

Ajax vs Barca is going to be a hell of a tactical matchup

I'm not ready to say that yet (Spurs I think still have a shot, unfortunately), but let's say that is the matchup. How much pressure do de Jong (official) and de Ligt (rumoured leader) feel from the Barca media/team in the weeks leading up to the final. Even if there is "none" officially exerted, does it get in their heads?

Last time I can think of anything like this was when Mario Goetze signed with Bayern in the lead up to the finals in 2013 (BVB/Bayern), but he ended up being out of the finals -> I remember seeing tons of camera time for him in the finals and he looked like he was fully supporting BVB, but I always wondered if he would've played his best had he been on the pitch. Has to play with your head at least a little bit.

Reactions: fsUTampa
Good result for both our Blues and Arsenal yesterday...Looks like we're on a collision course.
I agree, but I sure would have liked to have got a 2nd. Would feel more much more secure had eg. Luiz' FK gone in rather than beating the keeper but clanging the bar.

Arsenal's 3rd goal probably had that exact effect for Gunners on here.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Oh man, this season is unraveling quickly for Spurs. 2 reds today (at least Son will be well-rested for Weds vs Ajax?), a couple injuries (no chance those dudes are ready for Ajax), and then just gave up the lone goal 2 mins into stoppage time to lose a match vs Bournmouth and possibly fall out of the Top 4 in the Premier League. They have to be gassed, too. Going to take some other-worldly recovery techniques to handle the young kids this week.

Oh man, this season is unraveling quickly for Spurs. 2 reds today (at least Son will be well-rested for Weds vs Ajax?), a couple injuries (no chance those dudes are ready for Ajax), and then just gave up the lone goal 2 mins into stoppage time to lose a match vs Bournmouth and possibly fall out of the Top 4 in the Premier League. They have to be gassed, too. Going to take some other-worldly recovery techniques to handle the young kids this week.

raw

...for St. Totteringham's Day to still occur this season.

Reactions: seminoleed
Pathetic. Can’t even beat Brighton. Who on this Arsenal side is worthy of wearing the shirt? Lacazette, Auba, maybe. Rest worthless.

Pathetic. Can’t even beat Brighton. Who on this Arsenal side is worthy of wearing the shirt? Lacazette, Auba, maybe. Rest worthless.
Not to worry...Your Gooners have owned Chelsea of late. You'll most likely win the EL.

Now watch Everton beat Spurs by 3 and Arsenal win by 5 at home, to go level on GD and the Gunners get through due to having scored more goals.

I think what amazes me the most is that Salah didn't play today due to a concussion, and they still scored 4 goals.

Origi scored 2 goals?
Wijnaldum scored 2 goals?

Reactions: NoleLizards
I think what amazes me the most is that Salah didn't play today due to a concussion, and they still scored 4 goals.

Origi scored 2 goals?
Wijnaldum scored 2 goals?
Seemed highly unlikely, for sure. Two years in a row now that Barca's choked away a 3-0 lead after leg 1 to be eliminated.

Gunners,

If you're Emery, do you continue to start Cech or do you start your #1 in Leno for the UEL Finals?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT