ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

Torreira...whoa whoa whoa whoa,
Torreira...whoa whoa whoa whoa,
He came from Uruguay...
He’s only 5-foot high.
Torreira...

https://www.cbssports.com/soccer/ne...ls-early-unlikely-rise-in-the-premier-league/

“Without Torreira on the field, Arsenal have allowed 10 goals and scored nine in roughly five matches worth of minutes. With Torreira on the field, Arsenal have allowed three goals and scored 20 in roughly six matches worth of minutes.“

And just for good measure, in case you missed it...and by god I hope you did not miss this live, here is Ramsey’s INCREDIBLE goal vs Fulham.

Last edited:
Here's how we lineup against Sporting Lisbon:

43678754_10156388392212713_60548404534575104_n.jpg

Xhaka at LB again. Has Emery found a new place for him?

Crazy story about the Leicester owner’s helicopter going down w/him and his daughter allegedly aboard.

Horrible!

It has been confirmed he was aboard the helicopter and did not survive. There were also 4 others aboard, but they have not confirmed the identities of those other 4 passengers.

They just showed an overhead shot of the torn up pitch at Wembley following yesterday's Jags/Eagles game. Going to make this MC/Spurs match even more interesting.

They just showed an overhead shot of the torn up pitch at Wembley following yesterday's Jags/Eagles game. Going to make this MC/Spurs match even more interesting.

I wonder what DeBruyne is thinking. He is returning today from a knee injury, and if the pitch is torn up, it is another knee injury waiting to happen.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Gotta say, Emery seems to be working wonders with The Arsenal. They aren't great yet, but they are consistently in the match, and show more signs of life than under Wenger at the end.

Reactions: FSUdawg
Gotta say, Emery seems to be working wonders with The Arsenal. They aren't great yet, but they are consistently in the match, and show more signs of life than under Wenger at the end.

While at my daughter's soccer game this morning I was asked if I was happy with my new coach. I had to ask for clarification because 3 of my sports teams this year had/have new coaches. When the person specified Arsenal, I quickly answered...definitely. This team is so different than it was just at the end of last year. I can't wait to see what he does with another couple transfer windows. I have a feeling it will be similar to what Klopp has going on at Liverpool.

After tomorrow, the USMNT will have played 6 legit opponents in international friendlies post-WC (and over a year removed from Arena's firing), and yet...we still don't have a new manager named (with all signs trending to a less-than-stellar MLS hire). WTF is going on here?

Meanwhile, back in the States, Atlanta United FC absolutely owned New York Red Bulls last night 3-0 in the first leg of the Eastern Conference finals. Can't see NY doing the same at home, and fully expect Atlanta will get an away goal to put them to rest early.

I’ve been up since 4AM.

I’m so freakin’ nervous for today. Let’s just get the match started already!

COYG!!
For your team's sake, I hope they do better than Chelsea did against the spuds last weekend. :confused:

What a game and what a win.

Had I not known what game just took place, the celebration afterwards would have made me think Arsenal just won the league or some other piece of hardware. Something sp*rs don't know anything about by the way.

What a game and what a win.

Had I not known what game just took place, the celebration afterwards would have made me think Arsenal just won the league or some other piece of hardware. Something sp*rs don't know anything about by the way.
giphy.gif

Reactions: LesClaypool
The Arsenal have to be one of the quietest turnarounds ever; you don't hear much about them, but all they keep doing is failing to lose.

After the 1st 2 games of the season, which we knew we'd prolly lose, there was a lot of grumpbling about Emery vis a vis Wenger, but that has certainly stopped. We may even get a St. Totteringham's Day this year.

Gotta feel bad for Pickford on that goal. He pretty much kept the ball from going over the bar and kept it alive for Origi to finish.

By the way, what was up with the extra stoppage time? I know the added time was supposed to be 4 minutes, and the goal came 5+ minutes after the 90, but I didn't catch why they didn't end at +4.

Man, I am absolutely still buzzing from yesterday. What a match!

Not sure if this will show here, but this was me videoing my TV when they showed us on NBCSN...

Reactions: NoleLizards
My daughter and I are on vacation in Lucerne, Switzerland right now. Beautiful place! Anyway...We were on a guided walking tour of the city this morning. It was really cold so I had on my Arsenal winter hat and scarf.

While our tour guide was talking to us at one of the stops, another tour group came around the corner and a guy in their group sees me and SCREAMS, “Come on you Gunners!!” at the top of his lungs. Scared the absolute bejeezus out of everyone around us.

it was awesome!

I know he just came into the club this summer and thus has a new deal, but can we sign Torreira to a longer term deal?

#COYG

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT