ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

I have been saying this exact thing for the past 2-3 years. When I say it or type it everyone seems to ignore it. As an Arsenal fan I feel like I am going through the exact same situation I went through as an FSU fan.

Granted this was on the road at Liverpool, but was this Arsene's Wake Forest game?

At this point something needs to change and it needs to change quickly. I don't know that there is enough time before the transfer window closes, but several players need to exit the club and several new additions are needed. Without that happening 2017-2018 is going to be an average season and next year will be without any type of European Football.

Well, I agree too, but I always try to tread carefully on the subject because there are still those who think Bobby should have kept on coaching. Just like there will continue to be a hard core of Wenger supporter until the bitter end.

Well, I agree too, but I always try to tread carefully on the subject because there are still those who think Bobby should have kept on coaching. Just like there will continue to be a hard core of Wenger supporter until the bitter end.
1. Kroenke out
2. Wenger out
3. At least half of the first team out.

Reports are that Arsenal & Chelsea have agreed to terms which will see Oxlade-Chamberlain move across the city before the transfer window closes. Speculation is in the £35 million area.

In addition it is being reported that Mustafi will leave Arsenal on a season long loan deal to Inter Milan. I believe the loan deal is because they don't believe they can agree to all terms for a purchase before the end of the transfer window. Instead Arsenal will loan him with a purchase option which will most likely be triggered at the end of the season.

I am still curious to know what is going on with Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Campbell, and a few others. Campbell stated last week that he doesn't want to be loaned out again. He either wants to be sold or given a chance to earn a place with the first team at Arsenal...go figure.

Reports are that Arsenal & Chelsea have agreed to terms which will see Oxlade-Chamberlain move across the city before the transfer window closes. Speculation is in the £35 million area.

In addition it is being reported that Mustafi will leave Arsenal on a season long loan deal to Inter Milan. I believe the loan deal is because they don't believe they can agree to all terms for a purchase before the end of the transfer window. Instead Arsenal will loan him with a purchase option which will most likely be triggered at the end of the season.

I am still curious to know what is going on with Gibbs, Debuchy, Wilshere, Campbell, and a few others. Campbell stated last week that he doesn't want to be loaned out again. He either wants to be sold or given a chance to earn a place with the first team at Arsenal...go figure.
Gibbs is on the verge of being sold to Watford. Will happen before the end of the transfer window. Campbell is out for like 6 months, so it's not like there's anywhere we could loan him anyway before January. Why is Debuchy still here? Just release him already. He's costing like 80k/week I think. Wilshere is going to have to stay at this point with us selling Ox, IMO.

And surprise, surprise, we still can't unload Gibbs (or Walcott, Debuchy, et. al.) b/c he makes too much damn money at Arsenal!

According to Sky Sports, Watford will not be signing Kieran Gibbs after failing to agree personal terms with the left-back.

The Hornets had agreed a cut-price fee with Arsenal last week but it appears they’ve been unwilling to match or increase the player’s salary, rumoured to be in excess of £65,000 a week.

Not sure I like the Sterling deal, and I definitely don't like sending Sanchez to City. However, it might be the best option at this point. My main question though is, will Wenger play Sterling or sit him on the bench next to Lacazette?

As for Gibbs, this shows the guy mainly cares about the money and not playing football. If he truly cared about playing, and trying to get into the England squad (highly doubtful anyhow), he would take the move and prove that he was worth more money.

Walcott makes way too much money and will most likely never be sold unless Arsenal are willing to continue to pay some of his wages.

I am baffled by the Debuchy situation. Does he really make that much money that other clubs have no interest? Every transfer window I hear rumors of a French side wanting him, but yet he is still in North London.

Ox appears to be gone to Chelski, though I read this morning he wants to go to Liverpool instead.

No clue on the Mustafi situation, other than he is apparently about to go out on loan to Inter. Can someone explain why we are shipping off one of our better defenders?

Raheem Sterling is inconsistent, but he can be a good addition to a squad. My question is why would he want to come to the dumpster fire that is Arsenal right now? Taking off my Gunners glasses and being objective about the reality of the situation, Tottenham is a far more attractive destination right now. As is Everton. Good players are wanting to leave Arsenal right now, not go there. I even saw something that Ozil is trying to move to Borrusia Dortmund.

Last edited:
Raheem Sterling is inconsistent, but he can be a good addition to a squad. My question is why would he want to come to the dumpster fire that is Arsenal right now? Taking off my Gunners glasses and being objective about the reality of the situation, Tottenham is a far more attractive destination right now. As is Everton. Good players are wanting to leave Arsenal right now, not come there. I even saw something that Ozil is trying to move to Borrusia Dortmund.
Sterling wouldn't want to come but he may not be consulted in the matter. Who knows?

Sterling wouldn't want to come but he may not be consulted in the matter. Who knows?

Of course, I guess Arsenal would probably pay more than Tottenham or Everton. I always forget that while Arsenal doesn't like to pay large amounts for transfers, it does pay nice salaries. Hence, the problem in unloading players.

Sure you can. You're naive and myopic if you think otherwise.

I just read it was Arsenal who proposed asking for Sterling in the transfer at which City just laughed. City want only a straight cash transfer.

I'll ignore your previous comments and chalk it up to just frustration over Arsenal's start and the state of the end of this transfer window (from the Gunners' perspective).

I think it was some City blogger that claimed Arsenal proposed Sterling. Arsenal wanted Aguero. I do believe City proposed Sterling...but who cares?

In any case City bid £50 mil straight cash yesterday and it was rejected.

The Arsenal transfer window is always such a soap opera. You would think at some point someone within the club would learn a new way to do business instead of the same crap every year.

Gibbs is officially gone to West Brom. It looks like he may have moved to a club with a better chance at European Football next year.

Reports are that Ox refused to move to Chelsea and is now officially going to Liverpool for 35 million.

Wilshere is rumored to Spain but I don't think that will ever happen as he refused a loan deal last year abroad, so why would he now agree to be sold abroad.

Only 29 more hours to go. What else will happen in North London?

The Arsenal transfer window is always such a soap opera. You would think at some point someone within the club would learn a new way to do business instead of the same crap every year.

Gibbs is officially gone to West Brom. It looks like he may have moved to a club with a better chance at European Football next year.

Reports are that Ox refused to move to Chelsea and is now officially going to Liverpool for 35 million.

Wilshere is rumored to Spain but I don't think that will ever happen as he refused a loan deal last year abroad, so why would he now agree to be sold abroad.

Only 29 more hours to go. What else will happen in North London?
Ox is gone. We got 40 mil from him from Liverpool. How that happened I have no idea. But it's done.

Now...will we bring anyone else in? And I don't mean Johnny friggin' Evans either.

Ox is gone. We got 40 mil from him from Liverpool. How that happened I have no idea. But it's done.

Now...will we bring anyone else in? And I don't mean Johnny friggin' Evans either.

I would be very surprised if we brought in anyone else. My guess is that the 100 million or so that Arsenal get for selling the Ox and Sanchez will go straight in Kroenke's pockets.

There was a pretty good comment I read on Arsenal's Facebook page. "At most clubs, when the manager loses the dressing room, the club fires the manager. At Arsenal, they fire the dressing room."

CfnhPZuW4AA7SgY.jpg

Wenger, in a panic, is allegedly throwing £92m at Thomas Lemar. If this is true, and if this is what Monaco were asking for, WTF were we bidding £35m and £45m for earlier in the window?!

Sanchez is definitely gone if this is true though. I already thought there were the favorites, but this would make Man City HUGE favorites to win the Prem, IMO...and possibly to do some serious damage in the Champions League too.

http://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre

The Lemar situation is very weird. I read that Monaco & Arsenal agreed terms. However, Lemar wasn't on board yet, and they ran out of time to complete the deal, so it is off...again. No idea where the £92m figure came from as it was way above what was previously offered, and it must have been in a panic.

I also read that since time ran out on the Lemar deal, the Sanchez deal to City is now off the table and is dead...Arsenal won't be selling during this window. I am curious to know how this affects the club as apparently there were other club members that wanted him sold because he is too much drama.

Lastly, it appears as though the Mustafi loan deal is not happening due to time running out. Maybe he will go in January and be replaced by some other underwhelming CB, but for now it looks like he will be at Arsenal for a while longer.

The Lemar situation is very weird. I read that Monaco & Arsenal agreed terms. However, Lemar wasn't on board yet, and they ran out of time to complete the deal, so it is off...again. No idea where the £92m figure came from as it was way above what was previously offered, and it must have been in a panic.

I also read that since time ran out on the Lemar deal, the Sanchez deal to City is now off the table and is dead...Arsenal won't be selling during this window. I am curious to know how this affects the club as apparently there were other club members that wanted him sold because he is too much drama.

Lastly, it appears as though the Mustafi loan deal is not happening due to time running out. Maybe he will go in January and be replaced by some other underwhelming CB, but for now it looks like he will be at Arsenal for a while longer.

Yeah, it looks like Arsenal will keep Sanchez, not due so much as to courage as much as incompetence. They have known about this happening all summer. So why were they caught off guard in getting the Lemar deal done? To be honest, I am not particularly fussed one way or the other with the transfer window. Until there is a change of ownership and management, it doesn't matter what players Arsenal has. The organization is dysfunctional from top to bottom.

Arsenal is such a dumpster fire right now that Lemar turned the deal down himself, saying he preferred Liverpool instead.

Arsenal left w/more egg on their face.

#kroenkeout
#wengerout

Reactions: FSUdawg
Lucas Perez is heading back to Deportivo, where he came from. However, since Arsenal apparently wanted too much money, he is only being loaned back to them. At least he can go play now instead of watching from the bench or the stands, and most of his wages will be off the Arsenal books for a year.

Yeah, it looks like Arsenal will keep Sanchez, not due so much as to courage as much as incompetence. They have known about this happening all summer. So why were they caught off guard in getting the Lemar deal done? To be honest, I am not particularly fussed one way or the other with the transfer window. Until there is a change of ownership and management, it doesn't matter what players Arsenal has. The organization is dysfunctional from top to bottom.

The flip side was why didn't City make an offer Arsenal could accept all summer so they could look for Sanchez' replacement? This isn't all on The Arsenal; they're twits, but City is full of cry babies.

Haven't been this dejected about Arsenal, ever. I could easily see us finishing 8th-10th, or something along those lines. Alexis will now be sold to City for straight cash on January 1st and he may pull a Diego Costa between now and then and flat out refuse to play. F him if he does...but still, he may do it.

The only thing to even mildly look forward to this year is Reiss Nelson's attempt at breaking into the side. See if he can become the next big thing. But seriously, THAT's what there is to look forward to...Only that?

It's not all bad news though. Stan made a £30m profit in the transfer window and unloaded a boatload of wages via loans too. Well done!

#Kroenkeout

From what I have read, I think the rest of the team would be happy if Alexis pulled a Costa & refused to play. Many of his teammates wanted him gone. I still wish someone outside EPL would make an offer so he could be sold there instead of to an EPL rival.

As for finishing 8-10, I agree. We have a club that finished 18 points behind the champions last year and missed out on Champions League for the first time in 20 years. So, what do they do? Profit £30m from transfers and slash the wage bill by loaning a bunch of players and only 2 additions to the squad. It sure doesn't look like a club that has high aspirations for anything other than profits at this point.

#Kroenkeout
#Gazidisout
#Wengerout

From what I have read, I think the rest of the team would be happy if Alexis pulled a Costa & refused to play. Many of his teammates wanted him gone. I still wish someone outside EPL would make an offer so he could be sold there instead of to an EPL rival.

As for finishing 8-10, I agree. We have a club that finished 18 points behind the champions last year and missed out on Champions League for the first time in 20 years. So, what do they do? Profit £30m from transfers and slash the wage bill by loaning a bunch of players and only 2 additions to the squad. It sure doesn't look like a club that has high aspirations for anything other than profits at this point.

#Kroenkeout
#Gazidisout
#Wengerout

That's the Kroenke Way

I would love to see someone show up to a Rams game with a sign that had an Arsenal logo and said #Kroenkeout. It wouldn't do anything, but I would find it hilarious.

Reactions: nole31906
I can remember when United fans went green and yellow until Glazer sold. He finally made tons of money to lower his debt.

Granted it was just Bournemouth, but it is amazing how much better Arsenal performs when its players are lined up in the right positions.

I missed games today but im not sure who's worse.
Madrid without Ronaldo are a dumpster fire and cant win a home game 2 straight vs bottom dwellars. That ref helped decide Liga with the ronaldo absurd dive call.

Or Everton. Reports are brutal for Koemen as they should be

So, Ox plays his last game as a Gunner against Liverpool and loses 4-0. Then in his first game at Pool he loses 5-0. For some reason I find that hilarious and think it serves him right.

It is amazing how much better Arsenal looked with players playing their correct position.

I also liked seeing Sanchez on the bench. IMO, they play more like a team without him out there trying to dribble through so many defenders.

Great start in CLfor my Blues today. 6-0 win over FK Qarabag with Roma/Athletico going nil-nil.

Cripes. Schools closed today and tomorrow because of Irma, so I get to stay home and watch the CL. And of course, The Arsenal isn't in it. o_Oo_O

Great start in CLfor my Blues today. 6-0 win over FK Qarabag with Roma/Athletico going nil-nil.

Lack of depth is gonna hurt Chelsea. Look for real early exits in the League and FA cups. Last year they did not play in Europe and it will catch up to them come February and March.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT