ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

Lack of depth is gonna hurt Chelsea. Look for real early exits in the League and FA cups. Last year they did not play in Europe and it will catch up to them come February and March.

Chelsea isn't as thin as people think anymore.

CD -> have 5 (6 if you count Jake Clarke-Salter) in Azpilicueta, Luiz, Cahill, Christensen, and Rudiger

RWB -> Moses, Zappacosta

LWB -> Alonso, Kenedy/Rahman (once back from injury) -> one of the latter 2 likely to go on loan in Jan.

CMF -> Kante, Cesc, Bakayako, Drinkwater

AMF -> Hazard, Pedro, Willian, Musonda

ST -> Morata, Bats

More often than not will be playing 3-4-3, so have almost 2 per spot. Concern if injuries especially at Striker. Don't have cover in youth as all our top prospects there (Tammy Abraham and Ike Ugbo) are on loan.

If at the end of this month (5 more) we're exposed, then I'll be the first to rail at management for not "overspending" to ensure we have cover. However, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Just like here at FSU, in Jimbo we trust, in Chelsea's management I trust.

EDIT: I know Manch, said come Feb/March we'll be short, but I think we'll find out much earlier than that if Chelsea is truly short on depth or if we'll be fine.

Just read this Zlatan quote:

"Lukaku is better than me? You make me laugh, my nose is bigger than his career."

This is why we love Zlatan (at least in front of a mic). :)

Great match. 57th minute now.

Dortmund robbed...have had two goals called offside, that weren't. Should be up 3-2, but still down 2-1 now.

Tottenham have also missed 2 great chances in the 2nd half. Wide open match.

Koemen is officially the worst manager in world football over the last 30 days.
Everton are an embarrassment, the latest is a current 3-0 destruction by Italian giants Atalanta, on a neutral site college field in Italy.

After sundays 4-0 loss to united they'll be firmly entrenched in 18th place.

Koemen got all the money anyone could dream of for signings, and so far has no clue about lineups, tactics or playing any system that isn't build around 55 year old Rooney.

Arsenal survived Germans marching through the streets of London, 20,000 strong, to beat FC Koln.

Kolasinac is a BEAST!
Sanchez played ok, but what a goal he scored!

In case you guys didn't see the videos yesterday, here are the Germans marching through North London. Incredible scene...

I'm just happy to see a clean sheet, and a point, with Ramsey playing in midfield next to Xhaka. I would have rather seen him up higher in the formation and Elneny next to Xhaka today, but it worked out in the end.

Good result for Arsenal considering how they usually get demolished by top 4 sides. It is a start. And interesting in that Arsenal did it without Ozil and with Sanchez only coming on as a substitute.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Warchant Gunners...check THIS out. Looks super fun! We're going to bring a contingent from the Tallahassee Gooners. If anyone wants to join us, let us know (whether you're in Tallahassee or not).

www.goonergras.com

What is Gooner Gras?
Gooner Gras was born several moons and some-odd days ago, when a few members of Krewe of Arsenal thought it might be fun to invite some other Gooners to come down to New Orleans for a weekend of debauchery (not to be confused with Debuchy). They were surprised and thrilled when people actually took them up on it. After an epic weekend, where no photos were taken and one plant was sacrificed, they knew they had to do it again and again.

Since then, Gooner Gras has grown to include several different venues in New Orleans, a party for Krewe du Vieux (a wild and highly-inappropriate parade), and a family reunion atmosphere. With upwards of 200 attendees, we are able to show support to our community through raffles and donations, and have donated thousands of dollars to kids-in-need, non-profit sports organizations, and flood relief. Giving is at the heart of this event.

A dedicated group from the Krewe of Arsenal work tirelessly to make sure we offer you the very best of New Orleans.

Expect fun. Expect to leave with far more friends than you came with. Expect very little sleep. Expect the time of your life.

We all follow the Arsenal.

16665788_713101458871512_5895770427192776085_o.jpg

7.jpg

IMG_4977.jpg

Solid game & 3 points from The Arsenal today. I liked the Elneny/Xhaka pairing in midfield as well. Of course it helps that Ramsey could be pushed forward since Ozil is still getting back to match fitness.

Reactions: nole31906
Man Real Madrid is good!

3-1 on the road over Borussia Dortmund. Was really hoping Dortmund could get the 3 points. Tottenham's campaign looking stronger and stronger in the group of death.

"Arsene Wenger, as promised, has brought a real smattering of youth with him for tomorrow night’s Europa League tie with BATE Borisov.

The Arsenal manager has included some youngsters who have yet to make an appearance for the first team, including midfielders Charlie Gilmour – said to be very happy with his inclusion – and Romanian Vlad Dragomir."
================

So let me get this straight. We have a guy named VLAD DRAGOMIR in our side...Dracula. We've got Dracula!?

How cool is that?

What a thrilling road win for Chelsea against Athletico! I was just about to post happy I was with the draw. Last second goal for Batshuayi!

Atlanta United FC wins again tonight and becomes the 1st expansion team to make the playoffs since Seattle in (I think) '09. If they ever show one of their home games in your area, they're worth the watch. They're breaking all the MLS attendance records with all 15 home games complete sellouts, and the sound at games in numbingly loud. It has a college football vibe, and is a hell of a lot more fun than the Falcons.

I realize it was against inferior competition, but Jack Wilshire was great today for Arsenal! Rolled back the years. Played in Ozil's position and pulled the strings like a puppet master. It was a joy to watch, particularly in the first half.

Reactions: nole31906
I realize it was against inferior competition, but Jack Wilshire was great today for Arsenal! Rolled back the years. Played in Ozil's position and pulled the strings like a puppet master. It was a joy to watch, particularly in the first half.

Wilshire's issue has never been about ability. Poor kid just can't stay healthy.

It just doesn't feel like The Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 6 of all competition. Just like it doesn't feel like we beat Weak Forest yesterday, either.

It just doesn't feel like The Arsenal are unbeaten in their last 6 of all competition. Just like it doesn't feel like we beat Weak Forest yesterday, either.
Other than Chelsea, it's been an incredibly easy run of weak opponents.

That said, after our bad start to the season, I'm thrilled w/how things are going!

Other than Chelsea, it's been an incredibly easy run of weak opponents.

That said, after our bad start to the season, I'm thrilled w/how things are going!

I agree. But boy, I sure wish there was some way we could convince Alexis to stay.

Reactions: LesClaypool
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT