ADVERTISEMENT

Without comment

They scared…

They scared…

This is the first post with politics in it in this thread. Read the article.

Reactions: GeddyLee09
That dawg is worn out. I have no interest in discussing Covid. None. I suffered for two or three days with it. Lost a best friend due to it.
Y’all can run with yet more discussion long into the night…
I bet all of us know of at least one acquaintance or co-worker who contracted this illness.
And had it at various iterations over these last four years at some point. Heck my sister had it last month.
Unless those tests are fake too. 😳

I bet all of us know of at least one acquaintance or co-worker who contracted this illness.
And had it at various iterations over these last four years at some point. Heck my sister had it last month.
Tell Me More Jeff Goldblum GIF by National Geographic Channel

Remember when the airlines were testing all passengers and every airport had stations set up where you could get tested for xxx dollars so you could fly? The airlines and governments required those for travel and entry then again to leave. I always wondered how much money these companies made and what percentage of the tests actually came back positive where the passenger could not fly. One would think these results would follow the same pattern as regular testing.

Reactions: noletaire
We got so lucky with COVID...if it had be the Spanish Flu, which was only a little worse comparatively, it would have gotten pretty ugly. COVID is the outlier with respect to pandemics, not the norm
Lucky? What about the masks, vaccines, social distancing and lockdowns? I'm not sure it was just luck. I would have to see the numbers on deaths from Spanish flu and how it broke down by age ect...

We got so lucky with COVID...if it had be the Spanish Flu, which was only a little worse comparatively, it would have gotten pretty ugly. COVID is the outlier with respect to pandemics, not the norm
What made the difference?

This is the first post with politics in it in this thread. Read the article.
Why is politics on this forum so important to you? The “rules” suggest that we avoid the politics. There are other outlets.
You talked in an earlier thread about more genteel subjects such as travel, art, family, Tallahassee centric posts…
Start one.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: noletaire
Why is politics on this forum so important to you? The “rules” suggest that we avoid the politics. There are other outlets.
You talked in an earlier thread about more genteel subjects such as travel, art, family, Tallahassee centric posts…
Start one.

You know what? You make a good point.

Last edited:
Reactions: billanole
Hmmm. Media scare story to try to drive up prices. This is why I don't pay attention to the media. The scarier part of this is that there are people that actually believe this crap.
A perfect example is a certain segment of this board that sucks down those stories like RC cola... and if you question it, there's a meltdown followed by accusations of being a "tin foil head'.... (muffled laughter)

Reactions: trunole1
Last edited:
If we would all just drive battery powered cars, we could save the planet from the "climate apocalypse"... or you could drive a 8 cylinder Tundra truck....

Reactions: trunole1
If we would all just drive battery powered cars, we could save the planet from the "climate apocalypse"... or you could drive a 8 cylinder Tundra truck....
If someone could show me a tangible benefit from driving an electric car I would consider one as a second vehicle. However, saving the planet from the upcoming hoax of the year/decade wont do it.

There’s ONE place between Jax and Tally to charge a Tesla and it’s always got folks charging up - the Busy Bee in Live Oak. I am not familiar with its universality for all models of EV’s and I’m not sure there’s room for other manufacturers charging stations if they stay brand specific.
I might be interested in a hybrid vehicle but for now EV’s are not in my future.

There’s ONE place between Jax and Tally to charge a Tesla and it’s always got folks charging up - the Busy Bee in Live Oak. I am not familiar with its universality for all models of EV’s and I’m not sure there’s room for other manufacturers charging stations if they stay brand specific.
I might be interested in a hybrid vehicle but for now EV’s are not in my future.
That stretch is not exactly loaded with quality places to stop, and that Busy Bee is always packed. Not Bucees packed but still crowded. Some of those places along there are right off the set of Deliverance.

That stretch is not exactly loaded with quality places to stop, and that Busy Bee is always packed. Not Bucees packed but still crowded. Some of those places along there are right off the set of Deliverance.
That’s how they’ve been for 50+ years. You just have to know how to talk and you’ll be fine.

BTW Biggest free for all fight I ever saw was at 2 AM in the McDonald’s at that Live Oak exit after a uf-Noles game in Tally.
Got out of there very fast.

• Wow
Reactions: BrianNole777
We have four hybrids (two plug-in and two conventional) and two EVs in the immediate family. The EVs are impressive. They are very quick and unbelievably cheap and easy to maintain. We have not had any issues with charging or range limitations, but we have a very robust charging network here. In my experience, almost everywhere we take one of the EVs a charging station is available. I absolutely love my hybrid, which is my second one, but I can't see replacing it with anything other than an EV when the time comes.

For what it's worth, the Tesla charging platform (NACS) has been adopted by almost all major manufacturers at this point.

That’s how they’ve been for 50+ years. You just have to know how to talk and you’ll be fine.

BTW Biggest free for all fight I ever saw was at 2 AM in the McDonald’s at that Live Oak exit after a uf-Noles game in Tally.
Got out of there very fast.
I was at that exit a few weeks ago and some clown tried to rob the gas station in the middle of the day. I guess he didn't notice the annual convention of FHP going on in the parking lot. Those places are always entertaining.

• Haha
Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
If someone could show me a tangible benefit from driving an electric car I would consider one as a second vehicle. However, saving the planet from the upcoming hoax of the year/decade wont do it.
I’ve considered full ev and phev. I test drove a bmw i4 and it was fine. I’ve also test driven a Kia ev6. The latter was fun to drive. Also looked at the genesis 80 electrified. The dual motor acceleration is crazy at that price point. That said, that kind of acceleration is largely impractical. I like the idea of lower energy prices, potentially. But the premium for it is high and I wouldn’t trust it other than as a daily commuter where I charge it at home. I do not want to have to plan for where I might be able to get energy for the car. There are not enough high speed chargers available and there are too many reports of them being broken for my taste. I’m still considering it because my wife has a car. But, I’m leaning toward hybrid for my next purchase, possibly plug-in. It’s hard to beat the economics of my now 10 year old Mazda 6, which I bought new for 25k.

The problem with EV's is the demand for electrical energy from power plants powered by fossil fuels.
Nuclear and natural gas powered plants are the only answer to solve the problem. What is the cost of replacing the batteries and pollution the dead batteries cause?

Reactions: Banditking
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT