ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

Just curious, are you from Tally? I know everyone didn't know about this but a lot of the local population knows about this case. Even my local friends who don't pay attention to the news remember this case. This was a big story in Tally which is still a small town in many ways.

And I hope it does stay here and the locals convict that witch LOL.
Yes, born and raised. It was a big story but I was 18 and don't remember anything but his face from the posters. This was pre social media and I didn't watch the local news.

Reactions: BoNoles
Yes, born and raised. It was a big story but I was 18 and don't remember anything but his face from the posters. This was pre social media and I didn't watch the local news.
Got you.

I'm also born/raised and the same age as you BTW (HS class of 2000). Just amazing how big of a difference 6-7 years makes. We missed the social media HS age, personally I'm glad I did. But I do hate that I didn't have text messaging to coordinate skipping classes in high school. We had to coordinate skipping the old-fashioned way.

I’ve reached my 5 article limit for the month on the Democrat website.

This is what I learned.

1. Brian confessed to the murder, Denise wasn’t there.

2. Brian got immunity for confessing.

3. Denise was interrrogated by her brother in law (or ex bro in law) when she reported the kidnapping. She maintained her innocence throughout interrogation and they released her.

4. Denise was arrested a few weeks ago and her attorney is saying that Brian has no reason to not implicate her.

Thats all I got.

Was the audio of the confession cut short? All I heard was a 7min clip. Brian did not talk about Denise from what heard.

Is he saying she made him do it and it was her idea?

You can see more articles by deleting cookies or cut and paste the link in private browse mode. I think he said she didn’t know how it went down but was in on planning the entire thing and knew it was going down.

When did Brian and Kathy divorce? Did the affair not come into play for that? What ever happened to Kathy? Sorry if this was already discussed, but I never really heard her mentioned other that they were married while Mike and Denise were together.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
When did Brian and Kathy divorce? Did the affair not come into play for that? What ever happened to Kathy? Sorry if this was already discussed, but I never really heard her mentioned other that they were married while Mike and Denise were together.

She filed for divorce in 2015....not sure when it was finalized, but the kidnapping incident occurred in 2016. Florida is a no-fault divorce state, so affairs are not necessarily relevant to the proceedings. Also, if both spouses are fooling around -- which seemed to be the case -- I am not sure how or why either one of them would want to bring it up. In Denise's FDLE interview (made in connection with her kidnapping complaint), Denise said that she and Kathy were still close, and mentioned texting her. Also, of course, the FDLE guy repeatedly mentioned the "videotape" involving Brian, Kathy and Denise, which seemed to imply some kind of sexual triangle.

Reactions: BadstreetFLSTA
She filed for divorce in 2015....not sure when it was finalized, but the kidnapping incident occurred in 2016. Florida is a no-fault divorce state, so affairs are not necessarily relevant to the proceedings. Also, if both spouses are fooling around -- which seemed to be the case -- I am not sure how or why either one of them would want to bring it up. In Denise's FDLE interview (made in connection with her kidnapping complaint), Denise said that she and Kathy were still close, and mentioned texting her. Also, of course, the FDLE guy repeatedly mentioned the "videotape" involving Brian, Kathy and Denise, which seemed to imply some kind of sexual triangle.
This case was already made for Dateline or a movie, but if there is a 3 way sex tape, my god.

Denise was still friends with Kathy at the time she was interviewed by police, so I guess the threesome was good. Seems odd you would stay BFF with Denise after she married your ex-hubby.

He flat out said we have the tape of you three and she started squirming. What else could he mean? Has to be a sex romp. If he doesn't actually have the tape, he was bluffing after BW told him they had made one.

Denise was still friends with Kathy at the time she was interviewed by police, so I guess the threesome was good. Seems odd you would stay BFF with Denise after she married your ex-hubby.
I was curious of the timing of this "tape". VHS in the 90's? The 3 of them together before they all divorced? After?

I think he was asking about Kathy/Brian divorce, not Denise/Brian divorce.
I've actually never even heard Kathy's name until this past week. I wonder if they considered killing her too or if they just kept her around for filming purposes.

I've actually never even heard Kathy's name until this past week. I wonder if they considered killing her too or if they just kept her around for filming purposes.

Yes, I was wondering about Kathy and where she fell in all of this. It mentioned in one of the articles that they did consider taking Kathy out, but BW would not do that to the mother of his children, he said. Seems really strange that her and Denise would still be friends once the info came out that she was considering killing her.

We know that Brian married Denise roughly 5 years after Mike's death, so, by definition, we know that Brian/Kathy got divorced somewhere in the 4.9 years following Mike's demise. Don't have a specific date, but it apparently was not too long after Mike was killed.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
Yes, I was wondering about Kathy and where she fell in all of this. It mentioned in one of the articles that they did consider taking Kathy out, but BW would not do that to the mother of his children, he said. Seems really strange that her and Denise would still be friends once the info came out that she was considering killing her.
At the point of that interview (where Kathy/Denise were still friends) - the information hadn't come out yet that they had discussed killing her. That video was on the day that Brian kidnapped Denise (before Brian squealed and gave those details). I'm sure they aren't friends now that all the info has come out.

Odd you would be good friends with the chick who marries your ex-hubby. It's almost like they had a 3some, Kathy knew that BW and Denise were in love, and she just let BW go and let Denise have her.

LOL. And according to BW, they had discussed killing both Kathy and Mike - but Brian didn't want the mother of his kid to die. Denise didn't GAF about Mike, she just wanted to get it done before his daughter got older and would remember him. What an awesome mother!

Unless Denise and Kathy had it planned all along....

They both testify that Brian was crazy and obsessed with Denise, Kathy cites a history of odd and aggressive behavior. Nobody can prove Denise did anything and its Brian's word against Denise (and Kathy's character witness testimony).

I hope they have some compelling direct evidence against Denise. A conviction based on Winchester’s word alone is going to be very challenging.

Reactions: NoleinATL

Kathy has remarried years ago and moved out of state just last year. She obviously has full custody of the one kid that she had with Brian Winchester.

This case was already made for Dateline or a movie, but if there is a 3 way sex tape, my god.

He flat out said we have the tape of you three and she started squirming. What else could he mean? Has to be a sex romp. If he doesn't actually have the tape, he was bluffing after BW told him they had made one.

CBS's 48 Hours has the rights to air this. I checked with TDO writer Jennifer Portman she does not know the date that it will air yet. The interesting thing for these news shows is when to do their show. After the case goes to court... usually. Which means this show could not air for sometime. I've seen Dateline or ABC's 20/20 do part 1, part 2 though over time. We'll see what happens. But yes this could put Tallahassee on the map like nothing before (maybe Jameis Winston's case or Ted Bundy murders?)

I don't know if Kathy and Denise are still friends. I seem to recall that they are but could be wrong.

Just read on FB that Denise’s bond hearing has been cancelled for today. The judge said one hour is not enough time to adequately hear the case. The bond hearing will be rescheduled for another date that allows for more time.

CBS's 48 Hours has the rights to air this. I checked with TDO writer Jennifer Portman she does not know the date that it will air yet. The interesting thing for these news shows is when to do their show. After the case goes to court... usually. Which means this show could not air for sometime. I've seen Dateline or ABC's 20/20 do part 1, part 2 though over time. We'll see what happens. But yes this could put Tallahassee on the map like nothing before (maybe Jameis Winston's case or Ted Bundy murders?)

I don't know if Kathy and Denise are still friends. I seem to recall that they are but could be wrong.
Yeah, I just meant this story is tailor made for a Dateline type show, not necessarily dateline. Then if a threesome tape is thrown in on top of everything else, wow.

POS.
Oh and don't forget the insurance money. Had to happen before the first policy expired on Mike.

Yep. She is a textbook sociopath. Didn't care that she took her daughter's daddy, she wanted sex romps and to get blood money from her husband being murdered. Now her daughter may also lose her mother.

But Denise didn't care, she wanted Mike out of the way and what she wants is what matters. Who cares if her daughter has a daddy and if Mike is murdered, Denise is what is important! In true Sociopath form she has no empathy for anyone else. In jail all this time I guarantee she hasn't felt bad once, she only feels bad for herself and wants to get out of the situation.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
I see many referring to Denise as a sociopath, which appears probable, but I haven't seen anyone refer to Brian as such. None of this happened without him. He says he didn't want to kill his child's mother, but was ok with killing another child's father? What was the certainty that she/they would ever get the insurance money? He already had her "on the side", what was his motivation here? He and Mike knew each other for probably 15 years. What type of person kills his best friend for the wife he is already screwing?

Keep this in mind: from what they have released, it appears that Brian claims they never told another person. So that means, if that is untrue, only Denise could throw the other people under the bus - but would implicate herself in doing so. Convenient?

I'll say it again: If they have nobody backing Brian's story, she walks on 1DM. Guaranteed. Hung jury at best. The only question is whether the jury would convict on the other charges since they are related and would bring the same potential sentence as 1DM.

I see many referring to Denise as a sociopath, which appears probable, but I haven't seen anyone refer to Brian as such. None of this happened without him. He says he didn't want to kill his child's mother, but was ok with killing another child's father? What was the certainty that she/they would ever get the insurance money? He already had her "on the side", what was his motivation here? He and Mike knew each other for probably 15 years. What type of person kills his best friend for the wife he is already screwing?

Keep this in mind: from what they have released, it appears that Brian claims they never told another person. So that means, if that is untrue, only Denise could throw the other people under the bus - but would implicate herself in doing so. Convenient?

I'll say it again: If they have nobody backing Brian's story, she walks on 1DM. Guaranteed. Hung jury at best. The only question is whether the jury would convict on the other charges since they are related and would bring the same potential sentence as 1DM.
We can call them both sociopaths if that makes you feel better :)

But at least BW appeared to show some remorse during his testimony. I haven't seen anything but stone cold sociopath from Denise. He is a killer, but not everyone who kills someone is a sociopath. She is absolutely a sociopath IMO.

RE: evidence, I respect your opinion, but people are convicted all the time due to people testifying against them. They have a STRONG motive and circumstantial case, then testimony from the co-conspirator. People have been convicted with a lot less.

I do agree she COULD get off, and I hope the state has some evidence up their sleeve, but I think with his testimony and the circumstantial evidence they can convict her. The jury will also hate this witch, which helps.

His testimony will be easy to believe because it makes total sense. He said they murdered Mike to get rich and be together. What happened? Mike was murdered, they got rich and they got together.

It's laughable to think she wasn't in on it and just had no idea that BW did that.

I hope the jury will use common sense and I hope they get to see the sex tape LOL.

Last edited:
What was the certainty that she/they would ever get the insurance money? He already had her "on the side", what was his motivation here? He and Mike knew each other for probably 15 years. What type of person kills his best friend for the wife he is already screwing?
Didn't Brian sell them the policy? Thought I read that somewhere.
His motivation seemed to be that Denise told him Mike already knew something was up and talked about moving the family to start new. He also wanted to have another kid with Denise which is why the date was chosen - before Mike and Denise went on vacation(and would attempt conception).

Prior to doing this, BW knew that in order for them to collect the insurance money, they would have to convince a court to declare Mike dead without a body. That's very rare that a court will. They ended up having to plant evidence to get that done. BW knows how hard it is to get a person declared dead without a body given he and his father work in this field. Its a stretch, imo, for them to have any confidence a court would declare him dead before ten years and them being able to collect the insurance money. Sure, it happened, and his mother thinks there were "shenanigans" with the court. But how could they have been certain? I mean, they don't get the money, its all for not, right?

Prior to doing this, BW knew that in order for them to collect the insurance money, they would have to convince a court to declare Mike dead without a body. That's very rare that a court will. They ended up having to plant evidence to get that done. BW knows how hard it is to get a person declared dead without a body given he and his father work in this field. Its a stretch, imo, for them to have any confidence a court would declare him dead before ten years and them being able to collect the insurance money. Sure, it happened, and his mother thinks there were "shenanigans" with the court. But how could they have been certain? I mean, they don't get the money, its all for not, right?

Didn’t Denise commission a “private diver” to search the lake, and, voila, he magically found some (brand new) waders that looked nothing like they would had they actually been in the water all those months? And never mind the fact that the Lake had been scoured time and again by authorities, yet this “evidence” was not found. Clearly, this crap was planted there for the express purpose of finding it, and supporting the absolutely insane “gator done ate him” theory.

Armed with this “proof,” Denise then induced some mossback Judge — with no one there objecting — to sign an Order presuming Brian dead.

Just read that Denise’s bail hearing today was canceled, and re-set for June 18 at 3:00 PM. Seems like the attorneys got in a pissing match over how the hearing would proceed — and whether they would have enough time — so the Judge elected to cancel and reset it for a longer hearing window. I hope Denise enjoys those extra 12 days in the can. :)

Didn’t Denise commission a “private diver” to search the lake, and, voila, he magically found some (brand new) waders that looked nothing like they would had they actually been in the water all those months? And never mind the fact that the Lake had been scoured time and again by authorities, yet this “evidence” was not found. Clearly, this crap was planted there for the express purpose of finding it, and supporting the absolutely insane “gator done ate him” theory.

Armed with this “proof,” Denise then induced some mossback Judge — with no one there objecting — to sign an Order presuming Brian dead.

I was wondering about this after I heard the confession and Brian said he was able to get out of his waders. I always assumed the waders the "private diver" found were planted, but were those actually the waders he slipped out of?
Very doubtful, I helped with the search for a few days and there were a lot of boats, divers and a helicopter out there looking and nobody found any waders. Maybe Brian grabbed the 1st pair and buried them with the body?

I was wondering about this after I heard the confession and Brian said he was able to get out of his waders. I always assumed the waders the "private diver" found were planted, but were those actually the waders he slipped out of?
Very doubtful, I helped with the search for a few days and there were a lot of boats, divers and a helicopter out there looking and nobody found any waders. Maybe Brian grabbed the 1st pair and buried them with the body?

I saw this on whatever TV show did an overview of the case. According to that, the waders the private diver found appeared to be brand new, with the implication being they were recently planted. These bogus waders were part of the “proof” that Denise then presented to the Court to have Brian presumed dead.

I saw this on whatever TV show did an overview of the case. According to that, the waders the private diver found appeared to be brand new, with the implication being they were recently planted. These bogus waders were part of the “proof” that Denise then presented to the Court to have Brian presumed dead.

Yeah, I remember that, said no way they had been in the lake that long, but the fact he was able to struggle out of his waders makes me wonder if that was actually his pair.

Yeah, I remember that, said no way they had been in the lake that long, but the fact he was able to struggle out of his waders makes me wonder if that was actually his pair.

I am guessing no, but maybe that is a factoid we will learn as this odyssey unfolds.

Reactions: Squirrel J.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT