ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

So he’s been in for 1.5 years already. He’s out in 18 basically and gets to walk. My guess is she gets a life sentence. What’s he do in 18 years? Live on social security and vanish from town?

So he’s been in for 1.5 years already. He’s out in 18 basically and gets to walk. My guess is she gets a life sentence. What’s he do in 18 years? Live on social security and vanish from town?

My guess is that he does 11-12-13 more. He won’t serve the full 20. He could maybe become a truck driver. A huge % of the guys you see driving semis are convicted felons who have been released from prison.

FDLE questioned her about Mike's disappearance on the day she was kidnapped by Brian:
https://www.tallahassee.com/videos/...illiams-interviewed-law-enforcement/35574715/

This is tremendous. Love the interview around the 7:00 mark when the FDLE guy is asking Denise about the “video.” “You know, the video of you (Denise), Cathy and Brian?” Pretty clearly he is referring to some kind of sex tape involving all 3 of them, which the state seemingly has a copy of. Oh wow. She is fried.

This is tremendous. Love the interview around the 7:00 mark when the FDLE guy is asking Denise about the “video.” “You know, the video of you (Denise), Cathy and Brian?” Pretty clearly he is referring to some kind of sex tape involving all 3 of them, which the state seemingly has a copy of. Oh wow. She is fried.
There is also another part where he said that they knew about the other people in other places or something to that matter. I was unable to understand what he actually said.

There is also another part where he said that they knew about the other people in other places or something to that matter. I was unable to understand what he actually said.

Yep, people tell me Denise is really smart, but I was shocked that she just kept sitting there — like an idiot — saying and doing things that hurt her. She certainly does not portray as the devastated widow anxious to solve the mystery around her husband’s death.

Last edited:
Yep, people tell me Denise is really smart, but I was shocked that she just kept sitting there — like an idiot — saying and doing things that hurt her. She certainly does not portray as the devastated widow anxious to sole the mystery around her husband’s death.
She believed a lie that she created. What a wicked woman.

Both of them need solitary confinement. I bet he’s gonna try to kill himself

Gotta keep him alive until the trial. Denise may try to have him offed in one of those “prison incidents.” His demise is the only way she escapes conviction.

Going to be tough for her to get a fair trial. Also she just doesn’t seem nice so I doubt the jury will like her no matter what. Especially if they show that tape as evidence.
I imagine the change of venue motion is already filed.

I imagine the change of venue motion is already filed.

Pretty sure no such motion has yet been filed, although one may very much be in the playbook. There is a bit of an evidentiary burden to carry here, and she can’t just say “I don’t think I can get a fair trial in Leon.” Not sure if she has marshaled that evidence just yet.

My sense is that her lawyer is slow-walking this a bit. Likely waiting on someone to deliver a very large cashier’s check to his office. We shall see.

Hoping the trial for this starts soon. Can’t imagine it being a short one though. Will be brutal to be a jury member on this case. Going to be done gruesome evidence and testimony I’m sure.

I guess she will also have a civil trial at some point for the ins fraud too right? So let’s say there’s doubt and she gets off with planned murder. No way she wins in civil court if that’s a civil not criminal case.

You saying you think Brian is the Dad? Since he was planting seeds all along the way?

This is something I’ve considered for years and asked Ms. Williams her thoughts years ago along the lines of “Does Ansley look like Mike”. Her answer, and pictures I’ve seen of Ansley look like Mike. But at this point, any of us (including Ms. Williams)— who the hell knows.

I never considered the cheating, if Brian is accurate, was this “off the charts”.

This is something I’ve considered for years and asked Ms. Williams her thoughts years ago along the lines of “Does Ansley look like Mike”. Her answer, and pictures I’ve seen of Ansley look like Mike. But at this point, any of us (including Ms. Williams)— who the hell knows.

I never considered the cheating, if Brian is accurate, was this “off the charts”.
We won't know the particulars of this case until it goes to trial. However, if Denise cuts a deal with the State and bypasses a trial then we may not know anything further.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole

I think Brian's quote was something like "sexually, she's (Denise) off the charts." Linking that up with the FDLE's questioning of Denise -- which seemed to inferentially reference a sex tape between Denise, Kathy and Brian -- you can only imagine what was in play. But for a dude to kill his best friend so that he could marry the best friend's wife -- and get some bonus cash to boot -- you have to assume the sex was mind-blowing.

Not to toot my own horn, but I (above) diagnosed Denise as a wildcat immediately upon seeing her picture. She just has that "very different than publicly advertised" look. :)

If you can say, did Mrs. Williams know an affair was going on prior to Winchester's confession? If so, how did she know that (again, if you are able to share)? Thanks.

Reactions: BadstreetFLSTA
That's some cold, calculated, evil stuff right there. The fact that he wasn't discovered when he shot him on the lake. Then he has Mike's body in the back of his vehicle when he stops to buy tarp & a shovel at Walmart on Thomasville Rd. Then almost get caught by a hunter as he's burying Mike's body......wow! This has an A&E movie written all over it.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...on-details-plot-kill-mike-williams/651881002/
Wow - very interesting article, not sure how I missed it.

I don't hit women but I'd love to punch her in the face. He is a murderer who killed his "best friend", but somehow she still comes off as the more evil one.

Correct. But don’t you suppose Tim Jansen, a former federal prosecutor, was smart enough to cover that base? The fact that this article focuses only on the state charges and the state immunity deal does not mean that a federal deal was not also reached. I am fairly certain that possible loose end is somehow tied down.
You are right. I promise Mr. Jansen thought of that and made sure his client would be 100% in the clear. His client held all the cards and could make whatever deal he wanted. Like they said, they could keep status quo for the last 18 years, or give him full immunity and solve this + nail Denise.

But why was it later OK to divorce Winchester? This had to be about $$ and sex.
Good point. This was about money and wanting to be together with Mike out of the way. Oh, and the crazy tiger sex.

Like I said, she will switch gears so to speak and be scissoring in no time. Her drive won't be stopped by lack of men.

Last edited:
After watching the video of her being interviewed by FDLE, the investigator was throwing some nuggets about Mike's disappearance at her to see if she would bite. My feeling is the State of FL has some evidential goodies up their sleeve.
I agree with you and @JohnnieHolmesNole . My guess is BW was able to give the state a few little nuggets to corroborate his statements. I bet they have a little more than we realize.

But it's obvious what happened, his story makes total sense. They kill him to get rich and get married, what happened, he was killed and they got rich and married.

I think Brian's quote was something like "sexually, she's (Denise) off the charts." Linking that up with the FDLE's questioning of Denise -- which seemed to inferentially reference a sex tape between Denise, Kathy and Brian -- you can only imagine what was in play. But for a dude to kill his best friend so that he could marry the best friend's wife -- and get some bonus cash to boot -- you have to assume the sex was mind-blowing.

Not to toot my own horn, but I (above) diagnosed Denise as a wildcat immediately upon seeing her picture. She just has that "very different than publicly advertised" look. :)
JMO but she looks pissed in her mugshot, as if it is beneath her to be arrested.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
Sorry for so many posts in a row fellas. I went MIA on this thread for awhile so I'm playing catch up.

But wow, it was awesome watching her squirm in that interview. She wanted NO part of talking about mike LOL. I know we can't convict off that, but how can someone watch that and know everything else and not be convinced 100% that she is guilty.

She is definitely persona non grata in Tally.
I think the passing of time has created the possibility it could stay here. I've asked a few local friends if they've seen the recent news on the case and they mostly have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm 36 and was just starting at FSU when this happened. I remember the missing posters but not all the behind the scenes affair/insurance stuff. If it weren't for this thread I'd probably be just as clueless as most people that don't watch local news regularly.

I think the passing of time has created the possibility it could stay here. I've asked a few local friends if they've seen the recent news on the case and they mostly have no idea what I'm talking about. I'm 36 and was just starting at FSU when this happened. I remember the missing posters but not all the behind the scenes affair/insurance stuff. If it weren't for this thread I'd probably be just as clueless as most people that don't watch local news regularly.
Just curious, are you from Tally? I know everyone didn't know about this but a lot of the local population knows about this case. Even my local friends who don't pay attention to the news remember this case. This was a big story in Tally which is still a small town in many ways.

And I hope it does stay here and the locals convict that witch LOL.

JMO but she looks pissed in her mugshot, as if it is beneath her to be arrested.

She is thinking about leather, whips and chains, I suspect. I guarantee you this is not the first time she has worn handcuffs. Maybe the first time in a law enforcement context, but she has worn them for other purposes.

If you can say, did Mrs. Williams know an affair was going on prior to Winchester's confession? If so, how did she know that (again, if you are able to share)? Thanks.

When we talked about Ansley looking like Mike she knew what I was alluding to but still thinks Ansley is Mike’s. That was as far as I asked her about Denise having affairs.

On another note, I never assumed she would have an affair. Call it me being somewhat naive to the ways in which these people work. Remember the charade of the perfect life? I never knew or even assumed something like this was ever going on. It’s almost mind numbing now.

I wonder if people like OJ or Denise completely can erase things from the memory bank and truly believe the crap they are saying...

When we talked about Ansley looking like Mike she knew what I was alluding to but still thinks Ansley is Mike’s. That was as far as I asked her about Denise having affairs.

On another note, I never assumed she would have an affair. Call it me being somewhat naive to the ways in which these people work. Remember the charade of the perfect life? I never knew or even assumed something like this was ever going on. It’s almost mind numbing now.

I wonder if people like OJ or Denise completely can erase things from the memory bank and truly believe the crap they are saying...

THESE are precisely the chicks most likely to be the wildest cats. Not always, of course, but I have known more than my fair share of preachers' daughters, private-school Catholic girls, and cheerleaders/pageant girls who were just absolute wildcats. I think it is a suppression thing where they are "forced" at a fairly early age -- either by parents or school rules or religious codes or whatever -- to be something they are not.....when they finally break free, it's just Katie-bar-the-door. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT