ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

I find it interesting how both these women cut off grand children access to their respective murdered husband’s parents. On face value, it is very suspicious and seems stupid, petty and mean. My thoughts are, despite the suspicion and raised eyebrows such behavior draws, neither can/could deal with interacting with the parents due to overwhelming guilt it caused. I imagine they live in denial and repress their memory of their role, and they know they can’t do that when interacting with parents. It brings it all back. It is like rubbing their noses in the steaming pile of crap they try to forget.

Also probably fearful that the grandkids might innocently pass along some snippet of information that the murderers would find prejudicial. If this were truly a random act of violence by third parties, you would think the incident might bring everyone closer together, or, at a minimum, be a neutral. The fact that the “widows” cut off contact is surely an eye-opener.

Reactions: noleclone2
You’re assuming that they are capable of feeling guilt. Adelson changed the names of her children and moved to Miami. She effectively erased him from the children’s identity.

Her notification to him that she wanted a divorce was to leave with most of their stuff while Markel was out of town and take their children to Miami without informing him of their whereabouts for 6 weeks. He had to get the courts involved to make her come back with the kids. The motive in that case like the Williams case is crystal clear.

Her complaint in a podcast about the marriage, btw, was that Markel did not see her as an equal. Of course, career wise and background, she isn’t. She didn’t take his name when they got married. She wrote a work of “fiction” in which the heroine had great contempt for her beta husband. He, according to a friend, stayed faithful to her even after she left In the hopes to reconcile. The psychology of this, along with the family issues (her estranged mother because of controlling mother), the extremes of action (murder), an alleged celebration outing with her brother Charlie, etc... emits wafts of axis 2.

South Florida scumbags. Take some comfort in knowing they will spend the rest of their lives like goldfish in a bowl, never really sure who is watching or listening in to virtually everything they do. They deserve far worse, but, hey, never give up on karma.

I keep thinking about the December 19th sentencing hearing for BW. Denise spoke and pleaded with the judge for BW to receive a life sentence for the attempted kidnapping.

However, BW, the prosecutors, his counsel, and the judge ALL KNEW that BW had struck a deal because he had been singing like a canary and physically pointed to the spot where the body of Mike Williams would be found. All the parties, except Denise, knew there was a body and a resulting confession and new investigation.

Everybody had to have been biting their tongues, waiting on karma to come knocking.

I keep thinking about the December 19th sentencing hearing for BW. Denise spoke and pleaded with the judge for BW to receive a life sentence for the attempted kidnapping.

However, BW, the prosecutors, his counsel, and the judge ALL KNEW that BW had struck a deal because he had been singing like a canary and physically pointed to the spot where the body of Mike Williams would be found. All the parties, except Denise, knew there was a body and a resulting confession and new investigation.

Everybody had to have been biting their tongues, waiting on karma to come knocking.

Ding, ding, ding. I think this is exactly right. It also makes me wonder to what extent, if any, Denise consulted with counsel before she testified at that sentencing hearing. I suspect that part of this same "deal" is that BW's current 20 years sentence may be reduced if he actually provides all of the cooperation/assistance necessary to convict Denise.

At an absolute minimum, it is fascinating how everyone around this case hates Denise. I can only assume her own conduct and demeanor throughout the investigation is the reason for that.

Last edited:
It's crazy how many cold cases have been closed over the last year or two. Truly a golden age of closing cold cases right now.

Nothing new here, just some old footage found on WCTV
http://www.wctv.tv/video?vid=482425161

Is she still "relaxing" in the county lock-up? LOL. I wonder how that is going, and how she is liking her roommates?? I have not seen anything further about the case, so I assume her lawyer has not yet filed any motion to set bail, etc. We need an update here. :)

Is she still "relaxing" in the county lock-up? LOL. I wonder how that is going, and how she is liking her roommates?? I have not seen anything further about the case, so I assume her lawyer has not yet filed any motion to set bail, etc. We need an update here. :)
I would be surprised if someone charged with among other things conspiracy to commit 1st degree homicide would be able to bond out. She does have excellent counsel however and is not without resources so who knows.

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
I would be surprised if someone charged with among other things conspiracy to commit 1st degree homicide would be able to bond out. She does have excellent counsel however and is not without resources so who knows.

She is entitled to a so-called "Arthur Hearing," at which the issue of bail will be determined. Whether she gets it remains to be seen, but I would have expected her counsel to seek that rather quickly. Maybe he has not yet been paid his (presumed) $500,000+ fee.

Reactions: bigmamanole
Wow. Wow. Wow.
Went down pretty much how we figured I guess, still shocking to hear him say it.
I just can't believe nobody reported hearing a shot that early. We hunted right there that afternoon, guess we should have gone in the morning.

That's some cold, calculated, evil stuff right there. The fact that he wasn't discovered when he shot him on the lake. Then he has Mike's body in the back of his vehicle when he stops to buy tarp & a shovel at Walmart on Thomasville Rd. Then almost get caught by a hunter as he's burying Mike's body......wow! This has an A&E movie written all over it.

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/n...on-details-plot-kill-mike-williams/651881002/

It will be interesting to find out the content of the videos involving Denise, Brian, and his ex (as alluded to by the FDLE investigator in his interview with Denise).

So let me guess this straight-- what does this tell you about the popular girl (or guy in high school)... she doesn't want to be known as someone that got divorced so instead lets hatch a plan to murder her husband. Holy Shit. Is all I can say.... I'm glad I was a nerd in high school.

So let me guess this straight-- what does this tell you about the popular girl (or guy in high school)... she doesn't want to be known as someone that got divorced so instead lets hatch a plan to murder her husband. Holy Shit. Is all I can say.... I'm glad I was a nerd in high school.

Honestly, that’s the part of Winchester’s story that doesn’t make complete sense to me. It was 2000, not 1948. Divorce was not some taboo thing socially. I have to think the $2MM was the real driver, and that was available only if Mike was dead.

Seems like the whole thing had its original roots in the affair between two sex fiends. Winchester was an “addict,” and Denise was “off the charts sexually.” This is going to be an incredible movie.

Can the feds go after Winchester on civil rights charges? I seem to remember them doing this in other cases?

Honestly, that’s the part of Winchester’s story that doesn’t make complete sense to me. It was 2000, not 1948. Divorce was not some taboo thing socially. I have to think the $2MM was the real driver, and that was available only if Mike was dead.

Seems like the whole thing had its original roots in the affair between two sex fiends. Winchester was an “addict,” and Denise was “off the charts sexually.” This is going to be an incredible movie.
The lust for the $$$ is definitely the driver. It's my understanding she came from a prominent family that was active in the local Baptist church. I can see where she would not want it known that she was an adulterer. This would contradict the good girl/perfect wife image she presented.

No mention of the federal government in the plea deal and I don’t think a state prosecutor can offer immunity from federal charges.

Correct. But don’t you suppose Tim Jansen, a former federal prosecutor, was smart enough to cover that base? The fact that this article focuses only on the state charges and the state immunity deal does not mean that a federal deal was not also reached. I am fairly certain that possible loose end is somehow tied down.

Reactions: BoNoles
The two couples, lived parallel lives from high school on up, graduating together the same year, going to Florida State, getting married in 1994 and having their babies in 1999, two years after Brian said the affair began.

tenor.gif

As someone mentioned above she comes from a well to do Southern Baptist family in Tallahassee. These "sweet" southern girls don't want anything and I mean anything that would tarnish their appearance. She's not the first and no where near the last...

As someone mentioned above she comes from a well to do Southern Baptist family in Tallahassee. These "sweet" southern girls don't want anything and I mean anything that would tarnish their appearance. She's not the first and no where near the last...

But why was it later OK to divorce Winchester? This had to be about $$ and sex.

Reactions: BoNoles
I wonder what will come out that proves she knew. Is his word it, and is that enough?

I wonder what will come out that proves she knew. Is his word it, and is that enough?

I am sure Winchester has provided some other “proof” beyond his naked statements. And I suspect she has told investigators a lot of different things over the past 18 years. The sheer circumstantial evidence is huge. I think she is cooked.

I am sure Winchester has provided some other “proof” beyond his naked statements. And I suspect she has told investigators a lot of different things over the past 18 years. The sheer circumstantial evidence is huge. I think she is cooked.
After watching the video of her being interviewed by FDLE, the investigator was throwing some nuggets about Mike's disappearance at her to see if she would bite. My feeling is the State of FL has some evidential goodies up their sleeve.

After watching the video of her being interviewed by FDLE, the investigator was throwing some nuggets about Mike's disappearance at her to see if she would bite. My feeling is the State of FL has some evidential goodies up their sleeve.

I suspect they will eventually charge her with insurance fraud as well. She has a major problem from the standpoint that she seems to have antagonized every investigator she dealt with. So instead of them just shuffling along to the next file, they dig a little deeper into hers. Love it!!!!!!

I suspect they will eventually charge her with insurance fraud as well. She has a major problem from the standpoint that she seems to have antagonized every investigator she dealt with. So instead of them just shuffling along to the next file, they dig a little deeper into hers. Love it!!!!!!
It still amazes me that the insurance company paid the claim given no body was found at that time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT