ADVERTISEMENT

Veteran DT Malcolm Ray says he intends to jump into the transfer portal

Depth gets very thin at DT with Malcolm Ray saying he intends to jump into the portal. But a chance that FSU retains Joshua Farmer, Darrell Jackson, Daniel Lyons, KJ Sampson and hits the portal again

Reactions: Jeperr6564

How we can fight back reasonably ...

I've heard "boycott the game", "stop watching college football", etc., and while all of those are appealing in the heat of the moment, they aren't really very realistic to expect. Attendance via boycott ... well THAT would be a bad look and create a pushback from folks who are on our side. Right now, much of the non-SEC college football world is on our side ... we need to leverage that.

Let's get some grass roots, unofficial social media campaign going where we suggest taking signs to Bowl games and future Gamedays that decry the CFP Committee including ESPN and their ties to the CFP (yes, I know they don't technically control the CFP). If we make it grassroots, we will have tons of folks who hate the new money-controlled CFP world, and would get a kick out of inundating Gameday and ESPN televised bowls with negative ESPN/CFP signs. Every bowl game would have a number of signs in conspicuous places. If ESPN blocks Gameday signs, or avoid showing signs via telecast it would come out even louder on social media as a response to their censorship.

This could become a "where's waldo" or "UM Stole My Other Sign" cult that breeds and grows ... and that, my friend, would hit 'em where it hurts ... especially if it were seen as unaligned grass roots and not just FSU fans. Heck, it might even generate a storyline that keeps this in the news and wouldn't blow over. We can't change the result, but we can strike back in a thoughtful way.

I'll be thinking of sign ideas, and will probably attend the Gator Bowl now ONLY to have a sign.

Gotta be honest

The CFP snub was a kick in the nuts. No watching the portal/NIL play out is a double kick in the nuts.

I loved watching FSU this year and loved the team spirit, character and culture this team had. It was truly special.

But it just seems that each passing day just pushes me further and further away from college football. Its kind of sad that the game I loved to experience for close to 50 years has changed so drastically for the worse.

I am really evaluating my emotional and financial investment in college football. College basketball lost me years ago with the one and done rule.

Tons of enjoyable other things I can do with the money and time I spend on going to FSU football games.

I hate bc I really enjoy, respect and appreciate CMN and the staff, but it doesn’t feel like the game I loved my whole life

Football Five positions Florida State could look to target in the transfer portal

FSU shouldn't be bringing in nearly as many transfers as it has a number of the last few years, with a large and highly-rated high-school recruiting class set to sign later this month. However, there are still quite a few positions where FSU could look to add. I laid out five position groups FSU could bolster through the portal this month.

Reactions: NoleLizards

Football Recruiting Live Recruiting Updates: Transfers, prospects & commits recap FSU official visits

Florida State head coach Mike Norvell and his staff hosted nine prospects on official visits this weekend. The list of players on campus this weekend are five-star WR Jeremiah Smith who is committed to Ohio State, defense tackle D'Nas White, transfer DE Samuel Okunlola (Pitt), transfer DT Kyle Kennard and 2024 commits; LB Timir Hickman-Collins, K Jake Weinberg, DT Jamorie Flagg, LB Jayden Parrish and OL Jayden Todd.

The Osceola will provide live updates this morning and early afternoon as we follow up with as many prospects as we can after they wrap their official visits.

Football Recruiting State finals: What I think, what I have heard

Once again I would like to thank Jerry, Bob, Pat and Curt for their hospitality. Have not met Nick yet. Think these guys are hiding him from me.

What I have heard

WR Jeremiah Smith played like a champion should. Great player but we already knew this. I am getting closer to forecasting him to FSU. Florida and Miami are trying hard to get in the race. I have heard someone from Chaminade say no one on Miami - if he chooses anyone other names Ohio State it’s FSU.

DE Armondo Blount (Miami Central): Miami feels confident that they are going to flip Blount. Now they feel confident on a lot of players.

CB Xavier Lucas (American Heritage): If there is another flip candidate this is it.

DL LJ McCray (Daytona Beach Mainland): Not going to lie his performance in the state title game was not impressive. When you see an elite five start talent they need to flash. McCray will either play defensive tackle or move to offensive tackle. If he does not go to Florida, I could see him end up at Auburn.

Prospects from this weekend

QB Trammel Jones (Jacksonville Mandarin): He had an up-and-down performance in the state title game. I think he can be a good player. Not sure if he has any elite trait. He is not really a dual threat. More of a pocket passer. Will need to be developed.

WR Jamie Ffrench (Jacksonville Mandarin): There have been some great performances by receivers at this event. French is the real deal. One of the best prospects to come out of Duval County in the last ten years. He is committed to bama but you must still recruit him.

DE Javion Hilson (Cocoa): He committed to Alabama today. He showed great burst. He will be an elite pass rusher in college. He is a 2025 prospect, so there is a long way to go.

Transfers

RJ Oben (Duke, 6-3, 260): he is taking a visit to Notre Dame this weekend. Will take a visit to FSU next weekend. He is down to FSU/Notre dame. Feel FSU has a good shot at pulling him.

Will have a full breakdown of state finals once they are completed.

Football Recruiting LB commit Timir Hickman-Collins leaves FSU official visit ready to enroll

Linebacker commit Timir Hickman-Collins took his long-awaited first and only official visit to FSU over the weekend. After watching FSU''s linebackers shine this season, he's very ready to enroll in Tallahassee in January.

ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT