ADVERTISEMENT

2014 Braves Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently, we should just never play AL teams because these 2 games have been just like the Red Sox from last week. Don't look now, but Heyward is above .250.

Good game: Heyward goes 3-4 with a homerun and is over .260, Teheran dominates, and Kimbrel passes Smoltz for the all-time lead in saves.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

450206664-1.jpg

Kimbrel gets saves record, Braves beat Dbacks 5-2
By David O'Brien

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

PHOENIX ?
He did it while much of Braves Country slept, but Craig Kimbrel did it.
He became the new Braves saves king late Friday on a night when Julio
Teheran and Jason Heyward continued to sizzle in the desert.

Kimbrel
moved ahead of John Smoltz for sole possession of the franchise record
with a four-out save in a 5-2 series-opening win against the
Diamondbacks at Chase Field, where Teheran pitched seven strong innings
to win his fourth consecutive start and Heyward had three hits and two
RBIs including a two-run homer.

It was the 16th save of the season
for Kimbrel and the 155th of his career, moving him ahead of Smoltz, a
former Cy Young Award winner and still the only pitcher in major league
history to collect at least 200 wins and 150 saves.

Long way until Mariano

Originally posted by Vizike Is Back!:
and Kimbrel blows it last night. Can anyone justify why BJ is STILL batting 2nd? 0 for 5 last night.
Amazing how we don't hear from you during the time Upton raised his average nearly 30 points.

Originally posted by DFSNOLE:
and Kimbrel blows it last night. Can anyone justify why BJ is STILL batting 2nd? 0 for 5 last night.
Amazing how we don't hear from you during the time Upton raised his average nearly 30 points.
Because you told me it was a long season and not to worry (although I told you there was no hope after his .174 last season). He's 0-3 so far today and his avg is at .204

Again, why is he still batting second? Even if we don't have any other options, why do we continue to bat our worst hitter so high?

Because you told me it was a long season and not to worry (although I told you there was no hope after his .174 last season). He's 0-3 so far today and his avg is at .204

Again, why is he still batting second? Even if we don't have any other options, why do we continue to bat our worst hitter so high?
You answered your own question, if there are no other options, you must continue doing the same thing. And BJ isn't the worst hitter, that would be the guy sitting on the bench on a nightly basis, Uggla. I'd like to see Simmons batting 2nd, but oh well. Not worth complaining about all the time.

Originally posted by fsugrad06:

You answered your own question, if there are no other options, you must continue doing the same thing. And BJ isn't the worst hitter, that would be the guy sitting on the bench on a nightly basis, Uggla. I'd like to see Simmons batting 2nd, but oh well. Not worth complaining about all the time.
I was referring to any other options at his position as others have claimed on this board. He should be batting 8th. Hell, Fredi even allowed the P to bat 8th a few times.

Oh look - he's there again today and not contributing.

But you're right, I'll stop complaining. Fredi is an all-star manager now!

I was referring to any other options at his position as others have claimed on this board. He should be batting 8th. Hell, Fredi even allowed the P to bat 8th a few times.

Oh look - he's there again today and not contributing.

But you're right, I'll stop complaining. Fredi is an all-star manager now!
I never said stop complaining, only that it isn't worth it.

Great series win this weekend and showed fight in every game. La Stella is really impressing and I wish he would bat 2nd. Everyone seemed to get in some good hits.

Originally posted by trefeet:
Do you think Carpenter should have beaned Dickerson the other night? I think it was accidental contact.
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I think he did and should have. Dickerson doesn't seem to have a problem with "sometimes having a long backswing" so he should pay the price when he does and it causes harm.

Hale is really struggling in the relievers role.
Yep, note to Fredi, send Hale down to remain a starter. Most disappointing to me from last night was scoring no runs when the bases were loaded and no outs, and then getting 12 hits and only scoring 1 run.

Awful start from Harang today, 7 runs through 2 innings and 5 were in the 2nd after the Braves put up 4 in the first. 7-4 through 1 and 1/2 and the game has already been going for an hour...

Who the eff is.....

Pedro Beato?!?! Now pitching for the Braves against the Phillies. Is this what they have resorted to? Braves are really sucking some major ass!!!!!!

As good as Harang and Santana were at the beginning of the season, they have been just that poor their last starts.
Agree, they have been getting shelled. The team may need to make a deal just to shake things up and get some new blood in the lineup and bullpen. I think the rotation can be worked out by trading one of the current arms and recalling Wood.

Gavin Floyd taking himself out of the game after throwing one pitch in the seventh sucks. Braves fans have seen that way too often this year.

Something popped in his elbow and an MRI revealed a fracture of some bone I can't spell. He's done for the year. Welcome back Wood and goodbye pitching depth.

Gavin Floyd taking himself out of the game after throwing one pitch in the seventh sucks. Braves fans have seen that way too often this year.
Something popped in his elbow and an MRI revealed a fracture of some bone I can't spell. He's done for the year. Welcome back Wood and goodbye pitching depth.

frown.r191677.gif

Floyd was tossing a two-hit shutout when he threw a curveball to
Jayson Werth to start the seventh inning and began shaking his right
arm. Television cameras showed a knot form immediately on his pitching
elbow, not far from the scar from the Tommy John ligament-reconstruction
surgery that Floyd had in May 2012.

After an X-ray was taken at
the ballpark, a Nationals team doctor diagnosed the fracture of the
olecranon, the curved bony end of the ulna, or what might commonly be
referred to as the tip of the elbow. Floyd, 31, will fly to Atlanta to
be examined by Braves doctors on Friday and have other scans performed.

Floyd
was told that the fracture is unrelated to the Tommy John surgery to
repair a torn ulnar collateral ligament. He also had a torn flexor
tendon repaired at the same time as the “TJ” surgery.

This post was edited on 6/20 7:41 AM by DFSNOLE

ajc.com

So Fredi drops Heyward down in the lineup and moves the rookie to the leadoff spot? But BJ continues to bat 2nd.

What am I missing here?
beating-a-dead-horse-horse-demotivational-poster-1267844749.jpg

Heyward was moved to the five spot not because of a lack of production at leadoff but because J Upton is out and they need RBI production in the middle of the lineup. You really aren't that dense or unknowledgeable are you?

So Fredi drops Heyward down in the lineup and moves the rookie to the leadoff spot? But BJ continues to bat 2nd.

What am I missing here?
ec

Heyward was moved to the five spot not because of a lack of production at leadoff but because J Upton is out and they need RBI production in the middle of the lineup. You really aren't that dense or unknowledgeable are you?
The dense one is Fredi - can you admit that? My issue is that BJ should not be playing much less batting 2nd. Fredi has no problem moving Heyward down and a rookie up but simply leaves BJ in the 2 spot ALL YEAR with his useless bat. WHY?

I explained the Heyward move. It was not a demotion. BJ playing and batting second has been explained ad nauseam. There are $75 million reasons why. Intentionally obtuse.

Where did BJ bat tonight? How did he do?

Nevermind…0 for 5 with 3 Ks. But I'm obtuse.
And scored the winning run in the 13th.
You know, maybe if he could hit they wouldn't go to so many extra inning games….
You're right. It was fully his fault Kimbrel gave up a two out, two run homerun.

Where did BJ bat tonight? How did he do?

Nevermind…0 for 5 with 3 Ks. But I'm obtuse.
And scored the winning run in the 13th.
You know, maybe if he could hit they wouldn't go to so many extra inning games….
You're right. It was fully his fault Kimbrel gave up a two out, two run homerun.
Batting .200 in the 2 spot all year…pretty sure he's contributed to several losses.

My hatred is not directed at BJ. He sucks, but he's not the one making the decisions out there.

I'll stop once the insanity stops. I've said it from day 1 and I can't believe he is still in there after all these games.
This post was edited on 6/21 7:08 PM by Vizike Is Back!

0 for 4 in the #2 spot again today.

WHEN WILL FREDI LEARN? We are 75 games into the season.

Well, he learned, BJ isn't in the 2 spot tonight, he is leading off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT