ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

The Braves are 4-2 six games into a brutal ten game road trip. If they can split at Milwaukee, I will be thrilled. Hell, I would've been happy with 5-5 but now I'm getting greedy.

Those trades are awful, I'm a big fan of Touki (who was just promoted to AAA) and for a half year rental would be an extremely bad move. That kid's stuff is electric, and he is finally learning control. Kid is a potential ace.

Reactions: minvikfan1
I hope the dreaded "June swoon" hasn't arrived a month late. :(

I would be more worried if the three straight losses were against teams with losing records and not on the road. Both the Yankees and Brewers have better records and are projected to finish that way.
I just find it hard to believe how the Phillies are hanging in.

I'd bet a ton of folks are saying the same thing about the Braves. Heck, I don't think anyone here thought they'd finish much over .500. Our expectations have evolved as the team has.
True...But at least the Braves' stats are commensurate with that of a winning team. Philly's doing it with mirrors.

Reactions: JonScott
The Braves could not reach an agreement to sign their first round pick Carter Stewart. He had injury concerns on his wrist and he wanted more money than the Braves were willing to give due to the concerns. Crazy thing is he's signed to Mississippi State. Mississippi State also had another first round pick fail to sign. The could possibly add two first round picks to their team if they do not go the JUCO route.

Should I feel guilty for being a jinx since I began to follow the standings closely just since Memorial Day?

FF finally out of his recent slump and Braves ... May win their first against Milwaukee. So many LOB.

Honestly, finishing 5-5 on a road trip that included 3 at St Louis, 3 at NYY and 4 at Milwaukee is a good result. 2-5 after the sweep is disappointing though .
Disappointing, yes ... progress has been made but still a couple of years away. Brewers are really good, and a fun team to watch.

Harper, hitting a whopping .214, is voted it. What a travesty.
But, but, but, the other teams keep shifting on him and it ain't fair LOL. That's the way the Nationals commentators put it. If he's truly a good hitter then he would hit oppo. I'm so tired of the shifts being an excuse.

But, but, but, the other teams keep shifting on him and it ain't fair LOL. That's the way the Nationals commentators put it. If he's truly a good hitter then he would hit oppo. I'm so tired of the shifts being an excuse.
He’s a great player whose having a bad year ... so far.

He's a modern day Pete Rose....in attitude. In skill set, not so much.
I can't stand the dude. Of course I dont have much respect for ball players who don't hustle either, which he doesn't. One of the many reason why I love watching Freeman and Albies play. I was really disappointed in Inciarte not running hard yesterday and glad Snit pulled him from the game.

Reactions: seminoleed
I can't stand the dude. Of course I dont have much respect for ball players who don't hustle either, which he doesn't. One of the many reason why I love watching Freeman and Albies play. I was really disappointed in Inciarte not running hard yesterday and glad Snit pulled him from the game.
I was only able to watch the first few innings .... did not see the play you are referring to with Inciarte. Albies is so much fun to watch ... a blur on the base path.

I was only able to watch the first few innings .... did not see the play you are referring to with Inciarte. Albies is so much fun to watch ... a blur on the base path.
It was in the 5th, down 5-0 with one out and runner at 3rd. He hit a fly ball down the left field line that was dropped. He wasn't in a hurry to get out of the box, kind of stood there and tossed his bat then jogged to first. He would've easily made it to second. Albies singles next which would've scored him making it 5-2. Freeman grounds into a double play after that and we did not get a second run. Inciarte said he thought he was going to catch it so he was saving his legs which is a weak excuse, especially when he's struggling as a hitter. Now the ball was dropped but 3 players had to converge on it so it wasn't like a player was camped out under it.

Reactions: seminoleed
Wow! Errors and very poor showing by the bullpen, a miserable top of the 8th against Toronto. .... interesting that when I listened to one game on XM against the Brewers, the Brewers commentators noted that when one mentioned the Braves one always thought of a dominant pitching staff .... but not anymore, he added.

All-Star break has come at a good time for the Braves. As poorly as they have played since their sweep of the Cardinals, they are still only a half game back. They have the Nats and Marlins after the break. A good series against Washington can bury them and get the dog days moving in a positive direction.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT