ADVERTISEMENT

Braves 2018

This is not encouraging....

He stole third base, and then went home on a grounder to third ... seemed to be at full speed. My guess is it was purely a precautionary move. When he got back to the dugout he sat next to Acuna and started chattering away. No one thought much of it until Culbertson pinch hit for him.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I swear, if I see Sam Freeman come into pitch during a meaningful portion of a game....
Swear what? Did you make some sort of solemn promise, or just curse at his appearance in the game? Snicker keeps going to Freeman ... that bullpen is shaky.

Swear what? Did you make some sort of solemn promise, or just curse at his appearance in the game? Snicker keeps going to Freeman ... that bullpen is shaky.

Idly curse, and I saw Snits post game where he said he was going to keep using "kid" and he';; get right. Ummm, Freeman is 31 and can't be fixed.

Idly curse, and I saw Snits post game where he said he was going to keep using "kid" and he';; get right. Ummm, Freeman is 31 and can't be fixed.

Which is why I don't expect Snitker back next year, no matter how well the Braves finish. I expect Ron Washington to be named new manager after the season's over.

Which is why I don't expect Snitker back next year, no matter how well the Braves finish. I expect Ron Washington to be named new manager after the season's over.
Is there any stated reason to expect this to happen?

Stated by whom? It's just my opinion. I think Washington is one of the 2 or 3 best managers in the game, and he's served his penance for his indiscretions. The Braves gave him his chance to get back in the game, and he's going to be rewarded with a quality, young team. There was a bit of surprise when Snitker was rehired for this season here in Atlanta at that time.

Stated by whom? It's just my opinion. I think Washington is one of the 2 or 3 best managers in the game, and he's served his penance for his indiscretions. The Braves gave him his chance to get back in the game, and he's going to be rewarded with a quality, young team. There was a bit of surprise when Snitker was rehired for this season here in Atlanta at that time.
Washington had some good years at Texas ...

Teheran with another bad outing .... the guy is so inconsistent ... Braves get within one in the fifth and he gives up five runs in the bottom of the 5th. The announcers state that Teheran claims he is not a “morning person.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Teheran with another bad outing .... the guy is so inconsistent ... Braves get within one in the fifth and he gives up five runs in the bottom of the 5th. The announcers state that Teheran claims he is not a “morning person.”
I do not see him in the rotation plans next year.

A great read for all of us old enough to have seen Murph play.

Where Have You Gone, Dale Murphy?
As a nation of Hall of Fame voters turns its lonely eyes to him, the questions linger: Should a man who never juiced be rewarded for the home runs he never hit? And what if our love was never really his reward?
by Wright Thompson
07/25/18

r404841_1600x800cc.jpg

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24182944/where-braves-legend-dale-murphy-now

I know the Braves were not expected to be as good as they are this year but man the Phillies have been darn impressive too. Just took 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers. I hope that I just jinxed them and they go on a losing streak lol.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
I know the Braves were not expected to be as good as they are this year but man the Phillies have been darn impressive too. Just took 2 out of 3 from the Dodgers. I hope that I just jinxed them and they go on a losing streak lol.
Saw in the AJC that the Braves are 25 and 25 over the last 50 games.

Culberson to short was not a good idea ...

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT