ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest New Footie Thread

Does anyone else think that TNT covering the CL is gonna suck? Also, the only free Europa game is the final.

Does anyone else think that TNT covering the CL is gonna suck? Also, the only free Europa game is the final.

Seriously? I guess I just thought everything stayed the same with Fox having the rights.

I don't know about the whole TNT thing. I'll have to wait and see who the announcers are and how they handle it. My guess is they use announcers back in studio to call the game over the live feed instead of actually having them in the stadium.

As for Europa League, I would be fine with no group stage games (even with Arsenal in there), but come knockout stage, those should be free and available. I'm not going to like this at all.

Seriously? I guess I just thought everything stayed the same with Fox having the rights.

I don't know about the whole TNT thing. I'll have to wait and see who the announcers are and how they handle it. My guess is they use announcers back in studio to call the game over the live feed instead of actually having them in the stadium.

As for Europa League, I would be fine with no group stage games (even with Arsenal in there), but come knockout stage, those should be free and available. I'm not going to like this at all.
Maybe we can get the Europa games on Total Sportek...Will find out Thursday.

Excellent announcer doing the Barcelona/PSV match. British guy. I recognize his voice but don't know his name.

Doesn't say too much. Just the right amount of play-by-play. Very little commentary. Doesn't get excited, trying to manufacture enthusiasm or hype.

Wish everyone called a match the way he does.

It's not Gerry Armstrong, is it? I can't Google any info on the commentators. Obviously TNT is piping in the broadcast.

Christiano sees Red but Juve still come out on top with a 2-0 victory.
City lose at home to Lyon 2-1.

I would say it has been an interesting day of Champions League today.

Reactions: NoleLizards
Christiano sees Red but Juve still come out on top with a 2-0 victory.
City lose at home to Lyon 2-1.

I would say it has been an interesting day of Champions League today.
Real didn't miss a beat w/o CR.

CR's red is very important. This means he misses (at a minimum) the next group stage match. Guess where Match Day 2 is being played?

Old Trafford.

CR's red is very important. This means he misses (at a minimum) the next group stage match. Guess where Match Day 2 is being played?

Old Trafford.

He'll miss the next two group stage matches for a straight red, Match Day 3 is Juvi at United. The CL isn't known for rescinding yellow or red cards. I'm not even sure they have an appeals process.

TNT's coverage, studio and everything else completely sucks, it's unwatchable.

He'll miss the next two group stage matches for a straight red, Match Day 3 is Juvi at United. The CL isn't known for rescinding yellow or red cards. I'm not even sure they have an appeals process.

TNT's coverage, studio and everything else completely sucks, it's unwatchable.
Oh I thought they said MatchDay 2 was at OT. My bad.

Anyway, totally disagree on the announcers. They have been fantastic! So pleasantly surprised after a diet of such crap during the World Cup.

The studio coverage w/all of the Americans though...and for some strange reason, w/NBA Hall-of-Famer Steve Nash as well (WTF??) is absolutely atrocious though. Totally unwatchable.

I'll give you the announcers, I was more or less disgusted with the studio broadcast. It looks like it comes from a local community channel and they should be talking about lawn ordinance or something.

Reactions: LesClaypool
Oh I thought they said MatchDay 2 was at OT. My bad.

Anyway, totally disagree on the announcers. They have been fantastic! So pleasantly surprised after a diet of such crap during the World Cup.

The studio coverage w/all of the Americans though...and for some strange reason, w/NBA Hall-of-Famer Steve Nash as well (WTF??) is absolutely atrocious though. Totally unwatchable.

The announcers are good. The studio crew sucks and needs to be replaced ASAP. Why is Steve Nash there? And I'm not just saying that because I think he is a sp*rs fan.

The announcers are good. The studio crew sucks and needs to be replaced ASAP. Why is Steve Nash there? And I'm not just saying that because I think he is a sp*rs fan.

Because he's a lifelong footie fan and part owner of Real Mallorca and part owner of the Vancouver White Caps, so he has a name and TNT probably got him on the cheap. Howard looks like he swallowed a couple of Xanax. It is beyond awful.

Because he's a lifelong footie fan and part owner of Real Mallorca and part owner of the Vancouver White Caps, so he has a name and TNT probably got him on the cheap. Howard looks like he swallowed a couple of Xanax. It is beyond awful.

Based on that, they can go get Stan Kroenke in the studio. After all, he is a footie fan, owns the Colorado Rapids & Arsenal.

Just saying that doesn't exactly qualify him for being there. IMO the studio segments are flat out terrible...except for Kate Abdo.

Based on that, they can go get Stan Kroenke in the studio. After all, he is a footie fan, owns the Colorado Rapids & Arsenal.

Just saying that doesn't exactly qualify him for being there. IMO the studio segments are flat out terrible...except for Kate Abdo.

dawg, and John Henry, he owns the Red Sox and Liverpool, and f***, LeBron James has a stake in Liverpool, let's get him out there, he can't be any worse than Holden, Nash or Howard. Kate Abdo is good, not as good as Rebecca Lowe, but Abdo does need an expanded role to take away from those corpses.

No problem with the announcers for Chelsea's Europa game...They were talking up Willian in the pre-match, and he scores 7 minutes in.

No problem with the announcers for Chelsea's Europa game...They were talking up Willian in the pre-match, and he scores 7 minutes in.

I have the game on one of these Spanis channels. Arsenal is on next, at least I can watch the game.

So les, I guess the experts on TNT were wrong. CR7 will get an automatic 1 game ban for his straight red. There will be a review of the play, and CR7 could get an additional 1 or 2 game ban for the booking. TNT (either Holden or Nash) stated that it was an automatic 2 game ban for the straight red. It's doubtful that he'll be banned for more than a game, too much TV money involved to see him sit during the match at Old Trafford.

Ignore my previous post on the matter, fake news!

Lineup vs Fulham for the 7am ET kickoff...

43379746_10155954510858763_2669231645143334912_o.jpg

Iwobi & Welbz earn starts (good for them they deserve it)...
No Ozil at all ("illness" again?)...
Xhaka Captain (Boooo!)...

Watching Arsenal was fun today. Granted, it was Fulham, but that was some pretty football.

I saw another article today that Arsenal might get Almiron. Seems hard to believe. I like him, but I think he will get chewed up on the premier league.

Almiron is a terrific player, and could be even better in a year or two, but he can't use his right foot for a shot, and he's terribly injury-prone. Whoever gets him will get a class act who will be adored by the fans--he's so good with them.

I saw another article today that Arsenal might get Almiron. Seems hard to believe. I like him, but I think he will get chewed up on the premier league.

I saw about a half dozen articles about it last week. The first was out of Atlanta stating he had agreed terms with an English Club and it was a done deal...£11 million. After that I saw a few from England speculating it was Almiron to Arsenal as they have apparently been scouting him extensively over the past year or 2.

If they can make it work with him on the wing then I see the value. Otherwise I just see a cheap replacement for Ramsey and someone that will play a similar position to Ozil.

The Stripes won't sell him for less than 15mil; 11 mil won't cut it.

You appear to be correct. The latest article I saw stated he will be sold to Arsenal in January for £15 million. I'm still not sold that he is either a fit or good enough for what Arsenal needs.

Reactions: seminoleed
You appear to be correct. The latest article I saw stated he will be sold to Arsenal in January for £15 million. I'm still not sold that he is either a fit or good enough for what Arsenal needs.

Eales was quoted yesterday that rumors of $11mil make him laugh; he said it'd have to be triple that just to make him get out of bed and consider it. I think the term for that is chutzpah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT