ADVERTISEMENT

Yearly article- Tallahassee man missing (Mike Williams)

I forget the exact stat, but something like 1,000 people have died in that lake and 999 have been found.
Anyone who believed that story should be left alone in a room with Denise.

Complete nuttery for anyone to believe gators would eat anyone in the dead cold of panhandle winter. They were in a torpor, and completely inactive. Every redneck knows that.

I fear she is going to have a strong "It was all him, I was a battered woman in fear of my life" defense card to play, having not pulled the trigger.

I posted a video a few pages back that goes into detail about the case up until 2010.

One of the segments was disqualifying the idea of it even being a possible for a gator to have eaten him.

The mother had a subject matter expert on gators write a letter proving that it was impossible for a gator to have eaten him.

Amazing they didn’t open the case up as a homicide until they did.

And it’s amazing how one can get away with murder if there is no body....that is scary!

And it’s amazing how one can get away with murder if there is no body....that is scary!

I don’t remember the name of the movie, or anything else from it, but it was about a man on trial for the murder of a woman. The body had not been found. At one point in the courtroom someone enters and whispers something to the defense attorney. He announces to the judge that he has word that the women is alive and about to walk through he door. Everyone looks as footsteps approach and another legal aide walks in.
Attorney then points out that everyone in the courtroom was looking, and therefore had doubt she was actually dead.
Struck my young imagination as pretty clever.

I posted a video a few pages back that goes into detail about the case up until 2010.

One of the segments was disqualifying the idea of it even being a possible for a gator to have eaten him.

The mother had a subject matter expert on gators write a letter proving that it was impossible for a gator to have eaten him.

Amazing they didn’t open the case up as a homicide until they did.

Yep, so what does that tell you about Mrs. Williams point of others being involved in this case? For Gods sake Tallahassee Law Enforcement must look like friggin Mayberry to the casual observer....

Yep, so what does that tell you about Mrs. Williams point of others being involved in this case? For Gods sake Tallahassee Law Enforcement must look like friggin Mayberry to the casual observer....

Murder convictions are hard. Without s body, or confirmation that he died involuntarily, a successful prosecution is almost impossible. Not saying Tally Law Enforcement (or Prosecutors) are top-notch.....they aren’t. But until they found the body this case was dead in the water, pardon the pun.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
I fear she is going to have a strong "It was all him, I was a battered woman in fear of my life" defense card to play, having not pulled the trigger.

So what you are saying they may use the card— which when Denise was kidnapped by BW it could appear that way. He got 20 years for it. How could they use that for the reason of the murder 17 years prior? That it was all BWs idea and given the recent jail sentence it proves he has always been a nutcase... she was afraid of him and just went along with it?

Reactions: JohnnieHolmesNole
So what you are saying they may use the card— which when Denise was kidnapped by BW it could appear that way. He got 20 years for it. How could they use that for the reason of the murder 17 years prior? That it was all BWs idea and given the recent jail sentence it proves he has always been a nutcase... she was afraid of him and just went along with it?

Yep. If she plays this card, she will be digging quite the hole for the accessory charge. Oh, so it’s your story that you never learned of the murder until Winchester was convicted?? Until then you still thought the gators ate Mike??

Please.

Murder convictions are hard. Without s body, or confirmation that he died involuntarily, a successful prosecution is almost impossible. Not saying Tally Law Enforcement (or Prosecutors) are top-notch.....they aren’t. But until they found the body this case was dead in the water, pardon the pun.

Yeah I’m sure it’s tough. And I have nothing against Tallahassee/ North FL law enforcement but given the stupidity of the way things were handled in this case + Jameis Winston’s case from a few years ago the perception won’t be good.... I’ll never forget the “bubba laughing press conference” via Willie Meggs during that time.

Law enforcement had stated previously(Derrick from Jackson County Sheriffs Office) that they could bring charges on a circumstantial case but because a)you get only one shot and b)there is no statute of limitations on homicide, they were going to wait until they got more. I remember his brother and mom being at their wits end when B&D turned over that shotgun, not understanding why in the hell they wouldn't bring charges now that they admitted lying to investigators. The fact that this all looked so "obvious" is also what lead to all the "conspiracy theories" regarding "connections" and whatnot.

Reactions: GwinnettNole
Law enforcement had stated previously(Derrick from Jackson County Sheriffs Office) that they could bring charges on a circumstantial case but because a)you get only one shot and b)there is no statute of limitations on homicide, they were going to wait until they got more. I remember his brother and mom being at their wits end when B&D turned over that shotgun, not understanding why in the hell they wouldn't bring charges now that they admitted lying to investigators. The fact that this all looked so "obvious" is also what lead to all the "conspiracy theories" regarding "connections" and whatnot.

Derrick Wester is one of the few who has been very helpful for years now.

Denise’s dad was a 40 year mossback at FDOT. He was the guy who made the missing persons call to the Fish and Game Commission. Hmmmm, odd that he is involved at all — why didn’t Denise call? — and that he did not call the sheriff’s department. If my spouse is missing I am handling that myself and not calling the game warden. Unless, of course, maybe I was involved in the disappearance.

I wonder if the parents were in on this, or just used by their manipulative daughter? Assuming they were cluelessly sucked in, I wonder if they ever developed private beliefs that the story was very different than their princess portrayed? I’ll have to guess yes, unless they were incapable of being objective and rational.

Reactions: BoNoles
Yes, the fact that Denise claims the first people she called after Mike didn't return home were Brian and her parents - not the police or Mike's family - has always lead me to believe there was no plot to murder him and they had to come up with a story and cover it all up in a very quick, impromptu manner. Otherwise, why involve your parents if you already plotted a murder? That's why I can't help but wonder if they told their parents Mike was dead, but convinced them it happened some other way.

fDL1AmM.jpg
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I forget the exact stat, but something like 1,000 people have died in that lake and 999 have been found.
Anyone who believed that story should be left alone in a room with Denise.
Yep - saw that on the Disappeared Doc. I think it was more like 99 out of 100 but you are correct in that he was the only one who drowned on that lake who wasn't recovered. The gator story was laughable due to the time of year, and even if a gator eats someone, usually they find some remains. Seminole is relatively shallow so they always find the body.

So it was obvious from the start that it was foul play, then Denise's actions shortly after he went missing just confirmed it (pushing for him to be declared dead so she could collect, cutting off Mike's mom)

Yes, the fact that Denise claims the first people she called after Mike didn't return home were Brian and her parents - not the police or Mike's family - has always lead me to believe there was no plot to murder him and they had to come up with a story and cover it all up in a very quick, impromptu manner. Otherwise, why involve your parents if you already plotted a murder? That's why I can't help but wonder if they told their parents Mike was dead, but convinced them it happened some other way.

Respectfully disagree. This was planned out well ahead of time, even per Brian's own words.
Why would Brian lie about the timeline? He said they planned it 9 months prior, the insurance was sold 6 months prior, so that fits.

They sold him a huge insurance policy six months before they killed him - this was not a spur of the moment killing IMO.

You (@GwinnettNole) are cooking with gas now. The good ole boy network in Leon County is very real. But the folks who might have suppressed this particular investigation are now dead, retired or otherwise losing influence. So the next (current) wave of folks may not cater to the same forces that motivated their predecessors. If Winchester sang like a canary, Willie Meggs might not even be able to ignore that.
...unless Winchester has deep ties to Meggs. Do some digging.

Several years after Mike went missing, Mrs. Williams remembered that Mike had a shotgun that belonged to his grandfather and she didn't get it back from Denise with Mike's belongings. She contacted Denise who feigned ignorance. She contacted law enforcement who gained a search warrant for the Winchester's home. They found nothing. A month or so later, Brian and Denise surrendered the gun to BATF through their attorney. They were not able to gain anything of value from the gun at that time.
Wikipedia cites TDO and says it was a .22 Ruger but who knows with the clothed/unclothed information also conflicting.

A possible new lead emerged in October 2007, when Michael Williams' older brother found a photograph and the serial number of a .22-caliber Ruger pistol that had once belonged to their father. Michael had inherited it after his father's death, and after Michael was declared legally dead it was the only one of his firearms that Denise Williams had not returned to her former in-laws. After the Jackson County sheriff's investigator Wester asked the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) to look for it, agents visited Denise and Brian Winchester, now married, in their house (the same one she had lived in with Michael) to interview them. Several days later, their attorney delivered the gun to the FDLE. It was sent to a state forensics laboratory for DNA testing: the results have not been reported.

Wikipedia cites TDO and says it was a .22 Ruger but who knows with the clothed/unclothed information also conflicting.

Interesting that they were lawyered up throughout the earlier investigation. Not there is anything necessarily wrong with that. But I would love to know who they conferred with.

Interesting that they were lawyered up throughout the earlier investigation. Not there is anything necessarily wrong with that. But I would love to know who they conferred with.

Unfortunately, with the way the world is, I’d probably go ask an attorney for advice after 30 days had past if my wife went missing too.

I don’t trust the popo.

I don’t remember the name of the movie, or anything else from it, but it was about a man on trial for the murder of a woman. The body had not been found. At one point in the courtroom someone enters and whispers something to the defense attorney. He announces to the judge that he has word that the women is alive and about to walk through he door. Everyone looks as footsteps approach and another legal aide walks in.
Attorney then points out that everyone in the courtroom was looking, and therefore had doubt she was actually dead.

ef8ed61a-917f-4156-a8d0-b02cf616c6e5.gif

Unfortunately, with the way the world is, I’d probably go ask an attorney for advice after 30 days had past if my wife went missing too.

I don’t trust the popo.

Everyone is entitled to legal counsel, and there should not be any “presumptions” arising from the consultation. My specific query is whether hubby and wife consulted with the same lawyer, and, if so, whether that lawyer is involved in the current landscape. Plenty of opportunity for conflicts there. Also, the identity of that lawyer could shed some political light on how-why the prosecution was delayed or avoided.

I think it was From the Hip with Judd Nelson

I’ve hit my 5 freebies. Any cliff notes would be welcomed.
“She told me, ‘You do anything to get a criminal investigation and you will lose Anslee,’” recalled Cheryl, who can remember distant events like they happened yesterday. “Now, why would you do that unless you were guilty of something? She was telling me right then she knew what happened to Mike.”

The Grandmother hasn't been allowed to see her Granddaughter since she pushed for the investigation in 2004 apparently.

“She told me, ‘You do anything to get a criminal investigation and you will lose Anslee,’” recalled Cheryl, who can remember distant events like they happened yesterday. “Now, why would you do that unless you were guilty of something? She was telling me right then she knew what happened to Mike.”

The Grandmother hasn't been allowed to see her Granddaughter since she pushed for the investigation in 2004 apparently.

Jury will hate that witch. Hell, I hate her, and I have never even seen her in person.

Sorry I was on the train and then had soccer practice. Just getting back now.
Here are some snippets:

Winchester at the time was Mike’s best friend. They’d known each other since their North Florida Christian High Schools days. Just six months earlier, he’d sold Mike life insurance. Winchester is now serving 20 years in prison for the August 2016 armed kidnapping of Denise in the waning days of their crumbling marriage.

“My heart goes out to Anslee. I cannot imagine where that baby’s head is at,” Cheryl said. “I’ve got her in my heart.”

Cheryl finally got her investigation in 2004 and Denise Williams made good on her threat. She has not talked to Anslee since.
Cheryl chronicled every twist and turn, every random or important fact of the long cold case in handwritten notebooks, which she recounted in long letters to Gov. Rick Scott.

“I can’t believe God led me to do all things I did for 17 years without a reason," she said.

There are a lot of names in those notebooks and letters. And they are likely to come in handy.

If you open up the articles in incognito browser or private depending on which browser your using you can always view every article. If it ever says you reached your limit in private browser, just close the browser and open up it up again in private. Always works.

If you open up the articles in incognito browser or private depending on which browser your using you can always view every article. If it ever says you reached your limit in private browser, just close the browser and open up it up again in private. Always works.

Thanks for this tutorial. I am an idiot, just like wifey has always said. :)

The lawyer — Way — is dancing on semantics. He seems to be saying that Denise did not pull the trigger and was not present when Mike was killed. I suspect that is true. But that does not mean she is not guilty. If she participated in any way in any plan to kill Mike — even if the plan was not originally hers — she joined the conspiracy and is guilty. And she could have joined the conspiracy AFTER Mike was killed. She’s still guilty.

Lots of problems for her here:

1. She is the one who received the life insurance $$. Why would Winchester, without some benefit or inducement, kill his alleged best friend? Winchester was getting something out of this — money, crazy-girl sex or whatever — and those goodies came from Denise.

2. Denise prematurely applied for Mike’s death determination to accelerate her receipt of the $$. Looks and seems horrible, and seems to suggest she knew he would never come home or be found. She did this 20 days after her “diver” miraculously found the brand new waders that had obviously been planted in the lake shortly before their discovery.

3. Cutting off the granddaughter if the grandmother triggered a prosecution. This is devastating, both factually and in image. Wouldn’t Denise actually embrace her husband’s mother if, indeed, this was a random tragedy? Jury is going to despise her for doing this

4. She then married the dude whom we now know (per the Grand Jury) pulled the trigger. Optics are horrible, and is there any more overt way of joining a conspiracy??

I think she is cooked. She was the direct beneficiary of Mike’s demise, and she seems way-way too close to this for the events to be innocent coincidences (see what I did there, lawyer-boy?).

Lots of messed up Mother’s Days today because of this insanity. Thinking about all of them who were not involved in the senseless crime. Wonder whether Denise is getting any visitors??

How long before this will hit trial?

Absent a waiver of the speedy trial rule, the trial must generally occur within 175 days of the arrest. I suspect she will waive the speedy trial rule because she will need time to get her ducks in a row. In such an event, the timing could be 18-24 months down the road (maybe more or less).....just depends.

Would be nice to see Wendi Adelson (if she was involved) and/or whomever is responsible for murdering Markel go down next.
I find it interesting how both these women cut off grand children access to their respective murdered husband’s parents. On face value, it is very suspicious and seems stupid, petty and mean. My thoughts are, despite the suspicion and raised eyebrows such behavior draws, neither can/could deal with interacting with the parents due to overwhelming guilt it caused. I imagine they live in denial and repress their memory of their role, and they know they can’t do that when interacting with parents. It brings it all back. It is like rubbing their noses in the steaming pile of crap they try to forget.

Last edited:
I find it interesting how both these women cut off grand children access to their respective murdered husband’s parents. On face value, it is very suspicious and seems stupid, and mean. My thoughts are despite the suspicion such behavior draws, neither can/could deal with interacting with the parents due to overwhelming guilt it caused. I imagine they live in denial and repress their memory of their role, and they know they can’t do that when interacting with parents. It brings it all back. It is like rubbing their noses in the steaming pile of crap they try to forget.

You’re assuming that they are capable of feeling guilt. Adelson changed the names of her children and moved to Miami. She effectively erased him from the children’s identity.

Her notification to him that she wanted a divorce was to leave with most of their stuff while Markel was out of town and take their children to Miami without informing him of their whereabouts for 6 weeks. He had to get the courts involved to make her come back with the kids. The motive in that case like the Williams case is crystal clear.

Her complaint in a podcast about the marriage, btw, was that Markel did not see her as an equal. Of course, career wise and background, she isn’t. She didn’t take his name when they got married. She wrote a work of “fiction” in which the heroine had great contempt for her beta husband. He, according to a friend, stayed faithful to her even after she left In the hopes to reconcile. The psychology of this, along with the family issues (her estranged mother because of controlling mother), the extremes of action (murder), an alleged celebration outing with her brother Charlie, etc... emits wafts of axis 2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT