ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Football Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread

turned to NW vs Utah, if you are Pat Fitzgerald why would you ever leave NW. Teams always seem to play hard, his teams perform great, and they love you. I saw the GB wanted to interview him, mistake if he leaves IMO

Glad I watched the Lightning, Football sucks, hockey rules.
Unfortunately, even my ChAmPS sucked last night. They've demonstrated an alarming propensity so far this season to forget how to play defense for stretches. They went on to lose on home ice after allowing a Preds squad previously on a 6-game losing streak to turn a two-goal deficit into a lead they never relinquished in just 4 1/2 minutes.

Outback Bowl
Clanga St vs Iowa ESPN2 12:00

Fiesta Bowl
LSU vs UCF ESPN 1:00

Citrus Bowl
Kentucky vs Penn St ABC 1:00

Rose Bowl
Washington vs Ohio State ESPN 5:00

Sugar Bowl
Texas vs Georgia ESPN 8:45

Reactions: RTM58 and DFSNOLE
Another day of games that I don't care about at all. I'm sure I will watch bits & pieces of a few of the games because that's what you're supposed to do on New Years Day, but what a blah lineup of games.

Reactions: daveynole
Another day of games that I don't care about at all. I'm sure I will watch bits & pieces of a few of the games because that's what you're supposed to do on New Years Day, but what a blah lineup of games.
There's a showing of "Hamilton" (coaching our #9-ranked hoops squad) on the ACCN @ 2.

Good game so far, lot of emotion.

For the players I would think the Playstation sponsored swag bag would have to be one of the best

No way in hell am I going for UCF. They play in a joke conference with a joke schedule and think they can dictate the terms. Their “national championship” is also a joke.

I thought the National Championship was funny and a great method of advertising. Still a bit silly, but it got attention.

But I am pulling for LSU just because I am tired of them going on about the win streak. And I picked em in the league and I need the points but won't be too sad if the SEC loses.

Reactions: runkpanole
LSU has definitely been taking some cheap shots in the second qtr. Making it hard to root against UCF.

I would pull for Satan against the SEC if they weren't already one in the same.
I’m going for Texas tonight. Just can’t give UCF any love. No way they would last week in and week out in a P5 conference.

I’m torn on the UK/Penn State game. I hate the SEC but like Stoops. It is also Penn State.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Not that we needed any more evidence of how we played this year, but we got further proof anyway from these bowl games. We not only got blown out by the four best teams we played (Clemson, ND, Florida and Syracuse), we also lost big to NC State (who got steamrolled by A&M) and Virginia Tech (who lost to Cincinnati). And to top it off, we lost to Miami, a team that finished so badly that their head coach resigned.

It's hard to watch this and generate much hope that this team can turn things around quickly. So what would everyone consider a success next year? 8 wins? 9 wins?

Not that we needed any more evidence of how we played this year, but we got further proof anyway from these bowl games. We not only got blown out by the four best teams we played (Clemson, ND, Florida and Syracuse), we also lost big to NC State (who got steamrolled by A&M) and Virginia Tech (who lost to Cincinnati). And to top it off, we lost to Miami, a team that finished so badly that their head coach resigned.

It's hard to watch this and generate much hope that this team can turn things around quickly. So what would everyone consider a success next year? 8 wins? 9 wins?
Thank you Mr. Sunshine.

[QUOTE="saenole, post: 4205264, member: 1

It's hard to watch this and generate much hope that this team can turn things around quickly. So what would everyone consider a success next year? 8 wins? 9 wins?[/QUOTE]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT