ADVERTISEMENT

The Official LR College Football Bowl Season Drinking Game Thread

That UCF doesn’t get to dictate to the big boys where they play if they want to become a big boy themselves.
I don't think it matters anyway. As long as they're not in a P5 conference, the committee will not put them in. uf was showing their usual unfounded arrogance with that demand. I believe that UCF could boot stomp them all three years in game 1 or 2 and it wouldn't matter come selection day.

I don't think it matters anyway. As long as they're not in a P5 conference, the committee will not put them in. uf was showing their usual unfounded arrogance with that demand. I believe that UCF could boot stomp them all three years in game 1 or 2 and it wouldn't matter come selection day.
I disagree. Look at our 1981 schedule. Bobby went anywhere and played anyone. I would tell UCF, you can come to our house and like it.

But we are far removed from those days. BB will also tell you that that attitude probably cost him a couple of national championships.
Probably did. But do you think ND would have come to FSU in 02 if we didn’t schedule and win like we did in the 80s? He built the program with that attitude. UCF is either going to have to pay big money to get into a P5 or they are going to have to play someone other than Memphis, Temple and Cincinnati.

1. Screw Urban Meyer, go Huskies

2. 8 wins for FSU next year would be a huge success following the dumpster fire that was this year.

3. Bowl Season has sucked so far

4. UCF has no business dicatating terms to Florida, they need Florida more than Florida needs them. If they want to schedule some big time teams they need to swallow their pride and accept a 2-1 or 1 off. It’s not fair but it’s how the system is.

Reactions: runkpanole
1. Screw Urban Meyer, go Huskies- +1

2. 8 wins for FSU next year would be a huge success following the dumpster fire that was this year. - I'd agree

3. Bowl Season has sucked so far - There have been some good games and some not so good, but I think for most FSU fans, since FSU isn't playing the whole thing has lost it's luster

4. UCF has no business dicatating terms to Florida, they need Florida more than Florida needs them. If they want to schedule some big time teams they need to swallow their pride and accept a 2-1 or 1 off. It’s not fair but it’s how the system is. - I'd say fair has nothing to do with it. It's the way the world works. When someone has something you want, and they don't need what you offer, you pay a larger price. But also agree, they have no business dictating terms, you gotta pay to play and are negotiating from a position of weakness.

Wish I saw more reason to feel like Mr. Sunshine. We've been watching our football program unravel for the last three years, and nothing the new coaching staff has done makes me think a turnaround is imminent. I sure hope I'm wrong.

As to #4, those who hold my position is that it is uf making the demands. uf, the team that was 4-8 last year for the second time in 5 years. If it was Bama, Clemson, Oklahoma or Ohio State dictating those terms, no one would think anything of it.

Huskies are over matched , not a competitive game

Wasn't Jake Browning a one time Heisman contender? He has been so inaccurate. There have been plays there to be made.
Yes. They made mention of how his play has regressed over the year.

O/U on how many times these announcers mention "Tebow" tonight? They're already up to about 8, including some highlight footage.

Apparently because Ehlinger is built like Tebow, but they don't need an excuse to mention the great man's name. ESPN's home page had a headline earlier today from the Rose Bowl saying somebody "mimics Tebow with jump pass". We were running jump passes when I was in high school in 1962, but it has somehow become a Tebow invention.

Why the H did Texas stay in the shotgun to go 1 foot for a TD? That makes no sense. Just run a QB sneak with your RB built QB.

They even worked in a live shot of Tebow in one of the luxury boxes. He was with some guy who appeared to be trying to look like Tebow, but I guess we all really wish we could look like that.

Other than the Tebow side show, Texas has whipped Georgia about every way possible. S-E-C!!!

Alabama beats Oklahoma and the SEC is the best conference ever. Texas beats Georgia....crickets.
Not only that, but they’re going out of their way making excuses for Georgia. “Well, it means more to Texas, Georgia couldn’t get motivated until it was too late. But hey, good for Texas.” :rolleyes:

Reactions: noleclone2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT