ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball Braves 2023

I suppose it could be either Olson or Acuna at this point in the season. But does a .258 BA get you the MVP title????
True. Plus Ronald's outfield defensive prowess has to be factored in.

Fillies lost and the mutts are losing!

Good Day Today GIF by Barbershop: The Next Cut

Reactions: CC0492 and DFSNOLE
What a massive comeback win to avoid the sweep!
I have to admit when Yates gave up the home run in the eighth to make it a 5-3 game I thought the Braves were done. Huge bottom half of the eighth for Atlanta ... and Iglesias made me sweat the ninth.

Surprising .... one of their best pitchers, Alcantara, is 3-9.

BTW, Winans is awful ... he will be lucky to get out of the third inning.:)

Reactions: NoleLizards
Starting to get a little nervous about the Orioles... They're now within four games of the Braves for MLB's best record. The series against Baltimore earlier this season was a humdinger, and I said at its conclusion that it would make a great World Series matchup. If that indeed comes to fruition, I'd like for a potential game 7 to be played at Truist.

• Love
Reactions: seminoleed
Interesting development ... I thought Soroka looked solid, but not dominant, against Milwaukee. Figured he would work this out with more starts. I wonder if there is something more here. Chirinos doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.
Exactly what I was thinking.

From the AJC:
"The Braves sent him back to Gwinnett on Sunday. This came after a not-terrible start Friday – six innings, four earned runs. It's clear the Soroka of 2023 isn't the Soroka of 2019, which is understandable. He went two years without pitching.

Also clear: The Braves don't believe they can rely on Soroka, at least not yet, for more than an occasional big-league start. This is the second time they've demoted him. His ERA is 5.52."

Reactions: DFSNOLE
Those were two ugly games, and not just because of the Red Sox uniforms.

Atlanta has lost 7 of its last 10. Johnson's relief appearance was not encouraging.

Olson HAS to be the front runner for MVP, right? 80 RBI's in mid-July. Wow.
Acuna and Freeman a close second right now. Too much talk of MVP when you've got so many games to play i.e slumps, injuries, and somebody gets hot. If Acuna stays healthy and consistent; he wins it. Olson has too many strikeouts and has made eight errors and batting average, although improved lately, is still not high enough. Freeman hasn't even made an error. Acuna has made five....

Braves have got to get a quality starter for insurance going into the dog days. Flanigan or Montgomery from the Cardinals? Minter should be back next week which will help the bullpen. Fried back too, but could be rusty. Chavez, Lee and Wright on the 60 day IL.

Bryse Wilson's in the game for the Brewers.

Riley and Olson welcome him with back-to-back dingers!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT