ADVERTISEMENT

Updated CDC policy. No difference in treatment between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

surfnole

Seminole Insider
Mar 29, 2002
Hopefully this thread will get published and not banned. The CDC now states that unvaccinated in vaccinated should be treated no differently. WTF. A complete dropping of all previous mandates. What about all those people who lost their jobs because they did not get vaccinated. There's much more on the internet and details are hidden on the main info from the CDC site. I won't post those articles because the authors would be considered political. Oh and previous disease is counted now as an immunity. Previously it was not

"It also brings the recommendations for unvaccinated people in line with people who are fully vaccinated – an acknowledgment of the high levels of population immunity in the U.S., due to vaccination, past COVID-19 infections or both. "Based on the latest ... data, it's around 95% of the population," Massetti said, "And so it really makes the most sense to not differentiate," since many people have some protection against severe disease."

Reactions: lava2002
We are talking about a different virus today then the one that killed millions.
exactly. that is the nature of viruses, they are forever mutating, thus the properties of the viruses are forever changing. A virus of today is just a snap shot in time. That is exactly why the influenza vaccine given every year is a trivalent vaccine based on the three mostly likely similar strains that are predicted to occur. It is also why coronaviruses has been present every year, mostly causing a mild "flu like" pattern of symptoms, but in 2005 and 2019 it caused a scare and a pandemic.

Reactions: fsufool and goldmom
I got the first 2 Moderna shots and saw no benefit to the "boosters".
My wife never got any of the clot shots ( she has a very minor heart condition) and her symptoms were milder than mine.
Oh well.

Reactions: lava2002
I got my 4th shot mid July. Wife brought the virus home 10 days later. She had not received the latest booster as she isn’t 50. It knocked her on her ass. I tested as a precaution and was positive. Would have never known because I was asymptomatic. Thank you Pfizer.

Reactions: 407nole
About a year ago a friend of mine refused to get vaccinated because he thought it had a microchip. He caught COVID and told family he wasn’t feeling well. Days later they found him dead on his condo floor after they couldn’t get in touch with him.

I had the first two - Pfizer. Then I got Covid over Thanksgiving and got a Regeneron treatment which got me feeling better in 24 hours.
I’m probably going to get the new booster when it comes out next month.
My Dr. does recommend it but said I should space it at least two weeks before or two weeks after I get my flu shot.
This virus is so random and so cruel. Otherwise healthy people who aren’t senior citizens have died after having a fairly mild case and recovering only to have it come around again and kill them.
Immunity my @**.
😡😨

Reactions: 407nole and ChiefWB
I've tested positive 4 times and had zero symptoms. The one time I actually got sick I tested negative. Had both shots and a booster. I stopped with the shots and testing.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
We are talking about a different virus today then the one that killed millions.
Some day I hope there is a full accounting of the actual number of deaths. Actual covid deaths vs deaths with covid and other conditions or where it was a contributing factor.

Reactions: F4Gary and goldmom
Some day I hope there is a full accounting of the actual number of deaths. Actual covid deaths vs deaths with covid and other conditions or where it was a contributing factor.
When a person dies they die of one thing, many organ systems fail as you die. That is same with all causes of death. Do think if you die of pneumonia that you just simple die of pneumonia. Trust me the deaths are true, don’t believe the conspiracy theorist.

When a person dies they die of one thing, many organ systems fail as you die. That is same with all causes of death. Do think if you die of pneumonia that you just simple die of pneumonia. Trust me the deaths are true, don’t believe the conspiracy theorist.
And actually more people may have died of COVID than mentioned because some died in streets or at home and not diagnosed. Or even not diagnosed in the hospital

Reactions: DFSNOLE
And actually more people may have died of COVID than mentioned because some died in streets or at home and not diagnosed. Or even not diagnosed in the hospital
When you combine that with the fact there was no national policy for reporting but instead left it up to the individual states to determine how they were going to account for deaths, I also believe the number is probably under.

Reactions: goldmom
Why would you assume I don't think the deaths are true? Having an accurate count has nothing to do with disputing if they are valid or not. Knowing total deaths helps us understand the true impact and how to mitigate that in the future. Thanks for the lesson on deaths though.

Reactions: F4Gary
You lose anyone close to you from Covid?
No. What does that have to do with wanting to know the actual number of deaths? The number could be higher. Just like knowing the true number of infections. It could be higher as well.

Reactions: F4Gary
Why would you assume I don't think the deaths are true? Having an accurate count has nothing to do with disputing if they are valid or not. Knowing total deaths helps us understand the true impact and how to mitigate that in the future. Thanks for the lesson on deaths though.
I think that because of you reply. And those are the accurate deaths, how much more accurate do you want.

Reactions: ChiefWB
When you combine that with the fact there was no national policy for reporting but instead left it up to the individual states to determine how they were going to account for deaths, I also believe the number is probably under.
Well you are wrong, point blank

No. What does that have to do with wanting to know the actual number of deaths? The number could be higher. Just like knowing the true number of infections. It could be higher as well.
Excess deaths is the way they will figure it out. They will have to do their typical accounting of deaths and then rule out the unrelated. I will say that the excess deaths include a lot of folks that died because of pandemic fears that delayed care and that will continue for a decade. Folks need to separate out the virus from the public health reaction to it if we are ever going to be able to learn and move on.

I think that because of you reply. And those are the accurate deaths, how much more accurate do you want.
I’d rather we put the time, energy and resources into being better prepared than attempting to rehash what may or may not be accountable at this point. My personal opinion is the number of deaths and those left with long term symptoms is “too many”.

I’d rather we put the time, energy and resources into being better prepared than attempt to rehash what may or may not be provable at this point. Too m the number is “too many”.
Me too, but until we understand what happened, what worked, what caused unintended consequences, then we won't be prepared..............

You're claiming every state followed exactly the same protocols when reporting deaths? You are wrong. Point blank.
What I am saying that there is no mass miscalculation of deaths, if there is a 100 here or there missing possible. But this isn’t China, the deaths are real and the death totals are real. But you can try to live in an alternate reality , which is fine. But the calculations are accurate? Are they 100% accurate , no , but good enough not to have a debate about it. Leave the internet sources alone.

I’d rather we put the time, energy and resources into being better prepared than attempting to rehash what may or may not be accountable at this point. My personal opinion is the number of deaths and those left with long term symptoms is “too many”.
Good point, it is obvious a lot of people died . What is the point in trying to prove less people died. What is that going to help. We should look towards the future and help with prevention and planning of the next pandemic.

Reactions: ChiefWB
What I am saying that there is no mass miscalculation of deaths, if there is a 100 here or there missing possible. But this isn’t China, the deaths are real and the death totals are real. But you can try to live in an alternate reality , which is fine. But the calculations are accurate? Are they 100% accurate , no , but good enough not to have a debate about it. Leave the internet sources alone.
I never said there is a mass miscalculation. Those are your words. I did say I believe there is an under count due to reporting methods. Excess deaths point to that.

My reply said an accurate account of all deaths from covid and other contributing factors. The numbers are not accurate and it has nothing to do with conspiracies. Knowing the real numbers and how those relate to other issues like diabetes, cancer, heart disease ect... helps us understand what happened and how to mitigate that in the future. Its very possible there are far more deaths than we know about. Its also possible that this sped up the process for some. Knowing ALL the facts helps to prevent this from happening again.

Good point, it is obvious a lot of people died . What is the point in trying to prove less people died. What is that going to help. We should look towards the future and help with prevention and planning of the next pandemic.
🙄

My reply said an accurate account of all deaths from covid and other contributing factors. The numbers are not accurate and it has nothing to do with conspiracies. Knowing the real numbers and how those relate to other issues like diabetes, cancer, heart disease ect... helps us understand what happened and how to mitigate that in the future. Its very possible there are far more deaths than we know about. Its also possible that this sped up the process for some. Knowing ALL the facts helps to prevent this from happening again.
And the numbers are accurate. So you think only a handful of people died of COVID? Come, I am done with the topic because obviously enough people died of COVID to make any logical person know it was a real pandemic that killed too many Americans. A person who is looking for a hint of evidence to fuel some ridiculous delusion to some how lessen the perceived effects of the disease is just a waste of time. I have spoken.

Not even sure why you post this in sports page. What is your point really? What does that have to do with FSU? Go to the CDC page and post it.

Posted in a forum titled "Locker Room." This indicates a far more wide range of topics are available to discuss beyond FSU sports.
Title bars politics, which this is what this is. I am a man of science, but these COVID nonbelievers are politically motivated. So this discussion doesn’t even belong in The Locker

And the numbers are accurate. So you think only a handful of people died of COVID? Come, I am done with the topic because obviously enough people died of COVID to make any logical person know it was a real pandemic that killed too many Americans. A person who is looking for a hint of evidence to fuel some ridiculous delusion to some how lessen the perceived effects of the disease is just a waste of time. I have spoken.
Anyone can speak. That's the beauty of this country. Anyone can have an opinion. Right, wrong or otherwise. How do you know the numbers are accurate? You don't, that's what you choose to believe. Stop making this something its not.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Title bars politics, which this is what this is. I am a man of science, but these COVID nonbelievers are politically motivated. So this discussion doesn’t even belong in The Locker
You went there. Just you.

Reactions: Deerfuel2
Posted in a forum titled "Locker Room." This indicates a far more wide range of topics are available to discuss beyond FSU sports.
You know better than to question anything related to the topic or you will be hunted by the gestapo. Funny thing is both of us were saying there could be more deaths. I don't understand what gets folks so lathered about asking for all the facts.

No one is doing that. I won't speak for Geddy but my contention is there were more, not fewer deaths than were reported. Again, no one is minimizing the toll Covid took on the world/country/state.

You know better than to question anything related to the topic or you will be hunted by the gestapo. Funny thing is both of us were saying there could be more deaths. I don't understand what gets folks so lathered about asking for all the facts.
A couple of things. One, the Locker Room is an off topic message board for talking about things other than sports. Two, as the moderator of this board, I guess I am the gestapo here and I'm not hunting down anything. I enjoy these kind of topics being discussed here.

No one is doing that. I won't speak for Geddy but my contention is there were more, not fewer deaths than were reported. Again, no one is minimizing the toll Covid took on the world/country/state.
I'm saying we don't know and it would be nice if someday we had the true numbers. They very well could be higher. I think there were more deaths than is reported but I also think there were more infections, alot more. The pandemic took a massive toll on people and societies across the globe and the better we understand what happened the better we can prepare for future events. Someday (hopefully a long time from now) this will happen again. I just hope it goes differently and is treated as a public health crisis not a media event and reality TV series.

Reactions: goldmom and DFSNOLE
A couple of things. One, the Locker Room is an off topic message board for talking about things other than sports. Two, as the moderator of this board, I guess I am the gestapo here and I'm not hunting down anything. I enjoy these kind of topics being discussed here.
I didn't mean you were the gestapo.

Reactions: goldmom and F4Gary
ADVERTISEMENT