ADVERTISEMENT

Updated CDC policy. No difference in treatment between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Of the people who died, how many of them would have lived 2-3-4-5 more years had Covid-19 never happened? A miniscule number of healthy/vibrant people -- with material future life expectancies -- actually died. Some, yes did, and that's truly sad. And it sucks if someone in "your circle" fell in that super-tiny statistic. But "some" healthy people die every year of the flu, bee stings, allergic reactions and other (random) causes. And that sucks too.

Yet we don't ruin our economy, and our education system, to "save" EVERYONE from random and infinitismally small risks. But we did just that for Covid-19. Was that smart, or worth it?
More important is what will happen during the next pandemic or crisis. Will we learn anything?

Completely agree. The policies need to be improved amongst other things.

My concern is with the role the CDC/NIH played in this. The CDC is suppose to be the premiere department that synthesizes and sometimes creates the science on contagious diseases. It is tasked to communicate what the science says to the policy makers and secondarily to the public.

But, that is not what it did. It ignored decades of science. Pushed extremely bad scientific studies as a counter narrative to established science. Propagandized social experimentation. Ignored scientific consensus, silenced opposing scientific experts, and suggested that they were science and anything else was anti-science.

And worse of all, the CDC, the media, and indeed many politicians from both sides of the aisle, were telling us that we couldn't be trusted with the truth or even worse, we are too dumb to be told the truth.

The science evolved as more was learned but many have 20/20 hindsight when looking at what was done early.

People tend to forget Covid-19 was a Novel Coronavirus. Everything was new. Decisions were made using the information available at the time.
Information was one sided, and any true discussion by very smart doctors and scientists, that didn't agree with the self appointed experts, was shutdown. The decisions made were way too big, to be made the way they were. The silencing of any dissenting voices was criminal. Many of the opposing voices had the right answers, but they were never allowed to be heard. Hindsight only proves they were correct early in the pandemic response. The rewriting of that reality doesn't work for me, or many other people

Information was one sided, and any true discussion by very smart doctors and scientists, that didn't agree with the self appointed experts, was shutdown. The decisions made were way too big, to be made the way they were. The silencing of any dissenting voices was criminal. Many of the opposing voices had the right answers, but they were never allowed to be heard. Hindsight only proves they were correct early in the pandemic response. The rewriting of that reality doesn't work for me, or many other people
No fair or legitimate discussion was even permitted. If you did not 100% support the “official narrative,” you were a hater, idiot, terrorist, whatever. Complete insanity.

My concern is with the role the CDC/NIH played in this. The CDC is suppose to be the premiere department that synthesizes and sometimes creates the science on contagious diseases. It is tasked to communicate what the science says to the policy makers and secondarily to the public.

But, that is not what it did. It ignored decades of science. Pushed extremely bad scientific studies as a counter narrative to established science. Propagandized social experimentation. Ignored scientific consensus, silenced opposing scientific experts, and suggested that they were science and anything else was anti-science.

And worse of all, the CDC, the media, and indeed many politicians from both sides of the aisle, were telling us that we couldn't be trusted with the truth or even worse, we are too dumb to be told the truth.
One day maybe we will find out just what role the NIH had in all of this if all the facts truly come out. There are many opinions on what really happened like lab leaks, naturally evolving or completely fabricated by the media. Obviously some opinions seem out there but why not have the discussion? There's always three sides to every story. Of all these theories the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

No fair or legitimate discussion was even permitted. If you did not 100% support the “official narrative,” you were a hater, idiot, terrorist, whatever. Complete insanity.
However you want to view it you cant bypass the money. Alot of people made alot of money from this. According to the CDC 809M doses of the shot have been distributed. Some estimates was that it would cost between .54 and .98 cents per dose to produce but we know that the US paid around $15 per dose for the shot. That's north of 11 billion just in the US. Now these are not exact numbers but it shows the kind of money involved in just the shots.

Overseas at the height of testing airports were charging between 30 and 400 bucks per test to fly. At 50 flights a day and 300 people per flight at 150 per test that's 2.2 million a day per airport.

Lets not get into Amazon and other home delivery companies.

I can only speak personally but unless she succumbed to an freak accident, my healthy 40 year old (RN) sister in law would still be here. I have spoken to many who are in the same boat. This despite you claiming the opposite.
My take will always be that too many people worldwide died of this thing unnecessarily. Life is too valuable to be as flippant and dismissive as your take. And you and all the other Covid deniers aren’t going to change my view. And while I am glad that the virus only has financial ramifications for you personally, many more were hurt in a much more profound way.
in the future I think it is best if we don’t exchange thoughts on this. Your take is not one I respect or care about. Wasn’t when you were Johnnieholmesnole and isn’t today. Think it is best it is left at that.
Seems like a good way to have a discussion. I don't agree with your opinion so I'm not going to discuss it with you. I like how everyone that doesn't fully embrace covid as a deadly pandemic deserving of full lockdowns and mandates are lumped into the "covid denier" category.

Most people agree that there is a virus going around and people got sick. Its the degree that they believe the facts as told by most of the media that tends to vary. How many got sick, how many died, what the real risk was, where t came from, how it got there, did it attack a certain group, were masks effective, were lockdowns really necessary, did they do more harm then good, who knew this was coming, was it done on purpose. All questions people have and some of them are valid while some are just out there. The discussion is how we learn and better prepare.

I have a doctor friend that disagreed with the mask mandates early in the pandemic. He wore a respirator with filters to work everyday when he saw patients. When asked about it he said that if this is what you say it it then this is the only way to protect myself. He was quickly fired.

ADVERTISEMENT